Python Developer – Leading Systematic Trading Hedge Fund
- £150k +
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Oxford Knight
- 21 Apr 17
An opportunity to work on one of the most low-latency trading systems on the planet for one of the most prestigious hedge funds
This is a Software Developer position part of my client’s Quantitative Strategies business. In this position you’ll be working with quant researchers to implement systematic trading models. You are expected to build, enhance and support research and trading tools. You must have a demonstrative ability in analysing technical and business problems and make intelligent technical decisions. This is a Python role, involving design, programming and testing. Experience in C++ is also beneficial.
A systematic hedge fund, my client creates complex model strategies that are traded systematically, globally. This is not your standard prop-trading house; technology underpins every aspect of the business and is integral to the firm’s DNA. They are a fun and enthusiastic community of tech-geeks, Sci-Fi fans, football and extreme sports nuts, and foodies; who enjoy working in a non-hierarchal, professional environment that combines the best cultural elements from Silicon Valley Startups and HFT firms.
You are expected to build, enhance and support research and trading tools. You must have a demonstrative ability in analysing technical and business problems and make intelligent technical decisions. This is a Python role, involving design, programming and testing. Experience in C++ is also beneficial.
Skills and Experience Required
- Exceptional programming skills in Python (2+years experience) from a technically elite background; for example – but not limited to – Hedge Funds/HFT/Prop Trading firms, Investment Banks, Tech Giants, Startups.
- Knowledge of Unix scripting.
- Experience in OO design and strong data structures and algorithms.
- Demonstrative ability in delivering in a demanding context.
- 2:1 degree (or equivalent) from a prestigious university in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- C++ experience beneficial but not requisite.
- No financial knowledge necessary, but commercial experience in Fixed Income business and/or working alongside quantitative researchers is beneficial.
Benefits & Incentives
- Strong Salary – Up to £150k and lucrative hedge fund bonus.
- Excellent work-life balance. Not rigid, long working hours.
- Not traditional hedge fund tech secrecy - active contributions to Open Source, and proud of their own code. Also host events for PyData, Docker and Machine Learning and host Hackathons.
- Down-to-earth, progressive work culture – attempts to synthesise dynamic projects and remuneration of a fund with the comfortable environment of a Tech Giant.
If you feel you are a strong match don’t hesitate to get in touch.
+44 (0)20 3137 9574