Quantitative Finance Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 30 Aug 16
Build a world class quantitative function to develop the models and framework to effectively manage Risk and Capital across Bank of America. Develop a consistent and coherent set of models and analytical tools that facilitate effective Risk and Capital measurement, management and reporting. Pro-actively identify areas and problems that would benefit from additional quantitative focus as well as responding to internal and regulatory demands.
Global Risk Analytics: Career Opportunities
Made up of over 600 personnel, the Global Risk Analytics (GRA) team is responsible for developing a consistent and coherent set of models and analytical tools that facilitate effective Risk and Capital measurement, management, and reporting. GRA partners with the front line units and control functions to ensure that the models and analytics address both internal and regulatory requirements. GRA works closely with the technology organization to deliver the next generation of tools and models within the Company's strategic infrastructure. The team provides quantitative support for individual projects while proactively identifying areas and problems that would benefit from additional quantitative focus.
- Build a world class quantitative function to develop the models and framework to effectively manage Risk and Capital across Bank of America
- Develop a consistent and coherent set of models and analytical tools that facilitate effective Risk and Capital measurement, management and reporting
- Pro-actively identify areas and problems that would benefit from additional quantitative focus as well as responding to internal and regulatory demands
- Think expansively and strategically in a modular and re-usable manner, to anticipate future needs and to deliver a truly flexible and robust Risk and Capital Infrastructure
- Drive forward the technology infrastructure to support the needs of Global Risk Management and the wider Enterprise
- Strive to exceed regulatory requirements and expectations
We are looking for quantitative finance professionals at all levels of seniority; individual contributors as well as experienced team managers.
As Quantitative Finance Analyst your skills will ideally include:
- PhD or equivalent in quantitative fields such as mathematics, statistics etc.
- In depth understanding of financial mathematics including stochastic differential equations, probability theory, interest rates and credit risk modelling
- Strong organizational skills, detail orientation and very good communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong coding ability in VBA, C++ and Python is a plus
- Quantitative modelling experience in various models or related area in a major trading or investment firm preferred
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses. The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
If you are interested in opportunities within our quant area, please send your details to us by applying online with your CV.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.