Regulatory Risk Lawyer, EMEA - Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Macquarie Group
- 23 Sep 16
Reporting to the Head of Central Compliance EMEA, this is a highly visible role in the Legal Regulatory Risk team. You will work closely with the lead on Regulatory Change to assist Macquarie adapt to regulatory change by interpreting regulatory
Reporting to the Head of Central Compliance EMEA, this is a highly visible role in the Legal Regulatory Risk team. You will work closely with the lead on Regulatory Change to assist Macquarie adapt to regulatory change by interpreting regulatory expectations in a commercial and strategic manner.
You will have regular interaction with Macquarie's Operations, Technology and HR support divisions, Macquarie's business groups and business-aligned Compliance teams to provide efficient and effective compliance advisory services to the Group.
About the role
- Assisting with the implementation of key regulatory changes across the EMEA region and Macquarie business lines. Including:
- Identifying, tracking and advising on existing/new regulatory developments, including assessing impact, communicating and advising on changes to the businesses and the support divisions;
- Project management of regulatory change initiatives including identifying appropriate resources, engaging with senior management and businesses to ensure appropriate implementation.
- Providing assistance with risk based reviews and monitoring, in line with regulatory obligations and internal policies and procedures
- Assisting with regional management of the Global Policy framework. Including the development/updating of policies, procedures and business practices.
- Promoting a positive compliance culture through communication and oversight of regulatory responsibilities at all levels.
- Previous post-admission experience gained within a private law practice or in-house within a Financial Services firm
- Strong regulatory compliance, investigation or audit experience gained within a financial services, legal or regulatory environment demonstrating solid understanding of UK and EU regulatory environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and advise on regulatory projects.
- Strong commercial orientation, with proven ability to assess a diverse range of financial service businesses and provide pro-active solutions.
- Experience of regulatory outsourcing would be advantageous, but not essential
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.