Relationship Manager, Financial Institutions - Emerging Markets (Europe and Central Asia)
- £70,000 - £100,000
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Maxfield Search
- 16 Jan 17
My client is a leading global Banking group who are looking for an experienced Relationship Manager to take a lead role in their Financial Institutions (ideally Corporate Banks) business with a focus on European and Central Asian Emerging Markets. Reporting into the Head of the function, you will be responsible for developing and enhancing relationships with FI’s headquartered in these regions and will have input providing the strategic direction and specific strategies (especially relating to trade finance) to expand the current client base.
Emerging Markets (Europe and Central Asia) - Corporate Banking / Trade Finance
- Assisting in the formation and execution of regional strategy for European and Central Asian Emerging Markets.
- Marketing and Relationship Management: expanding the client base within the FI sector in the Europe and Central Asia
- Developing and deepening the relationships and strategic dialogues with senior level client executives - particularly those in the Trade Finance business.
- Working closely with deal teams, credit analysts and product specialists (as well as other resources) to ensure timely and effective execution of transactions.
- Creating appropriate target client list as well as the creation, and management, of pipeline reports associated with development.
- Creation and executing plans for designated existing and target clients through close coordination with credit analyst, product offices and other key divisions.
- Development of new products tailored to client and market demand, internal capacity, business appetite and performance criteria
- Understanding and organising broad risk-mitigation techniques including proactive use of credit insurance market capability.
Required Skills and Background
- Experienced banker with an established track record of business origination
- Extensive experience of business execution in the FI sector, particularly with commercial banks for trade finance business.
- Strong credit and analytic skills and product knowledge.
- Experience of formulating product, region, country and sector strategy papers
- Track record of cross-selling the bank’s products ensuring product by product profitability as well as adding value.
- Good administration skills including organisation, planning and co-ordination skills.
- Extensive experience of client relationship banking sales and marketing.
- Good understanding of Transaction banking and Corporate Finance.
- Effective communication skills both written and oral with internal and external clients.
- Complete Credit Skills Assessment and Trade Skills Assessment exams.
- Strong Presentation and Negotiation skills.