Risk Sales Executive - Bloomberg Risk
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Sep 16
Job Requisition Number:54365
The Bloomberg Derivatives division is a scalable, high-performance set of solutions built upon some of the most widely used pricing engines on the market. Coupling these award winning pricing engines with Bloomberg's cross asset market data set, the Bloomberg Risk division has created a range of full revaluation solutions to address a wide range of concerns for our clients.
These solutions include:
- Intra-day portfolio management
- Market risk
- Counterparty credit risk
- Collateral management
- Structured cashflows
What's the role?
The Risk Sales Executive is responsible for managing the sales process for Bloomberg's MARS solutions to buy-side and sell-side clients ranging from hedge funds to large global banks. This is a new position.
As a key member of the team, you will be responsible for generating and converting a pipeline of these products to both buyside and sellside clients in a defined region in EMEA, marketing the products internally within Bloomberg, building key relationships with decision makers and providing actionable feedback to management.
You should have recent experience of selling or using derivative risk solutions, either with a vendor or as a market practitioner. You should have excellent sales skills to uncover issues, position solutions and manage a diverse pipeline of opportunities.
We'll trust you to:
- Own sales process including lead generation and qualification, problem identification and needs analysis, product demonstrations, proposal generation and contract negotiations.
- Partner with our existing sales teams in Trading Systems and Terminal sales to build on existing client relationships and gain access to decision-makers in accounts.
- Attend industry tradeshows and meetings, regulatory forums and Bloomberg sponsored events.
- Communicate regulatory and market trends to sales and product management.
- Build and own relationships with senior level contacts across both existing and new Bloomberg clients.
You'll need to have:
- Strong understanding of risk and collateral management
- Numerical degree an advantage (e.g. mathematics, engineering)
- Experience in financial derivatives
- Proven track record of selling analytical solutions to financial institutions and/or relevant industry experience working for a financial institution in enterprise risk management
- Aptitude for asking questions to develop a complete understanding of a client's problems, needs and business /technology strategies.
- Ability to multi-task on various priorities as appropriate
- Strong presentation, communication and leadership skills.
- A desire to travel extensively required throughout Europe.
- Previous training in enterprise sales cycles a plus, but not required
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.