Sanctions Governance Assistant Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 20 Sep 16
This role supports the implementation of the Global Sanctions Policy and programme and the risk management framework to meet legislative and regulatory requirements.
~~Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Financial Crime Compliance aligns current activities within Global Risk and helps to build these into a more integrated framework to conduct Customer Due Diligence which enables HSBC to manage financial crime risk more effectively. It builds stronger controls to improve the way Financial Crime Compliance risks are managed in order to spot gaps as well as trends so that the team can take action. It proactively gathers and analyses financial intelligence in a smart way so that suspicious transactions, activities or connections can be identified and we can adequately protect our customers from the threat of financial crime.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Financial Crime Compliance team, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
• Provide support to the Global Sanctions Governance Manager in managing the implementation of the Global Sanctions Policy and programme and the risk management framework to meet legislative and regulatory requirements
• Assist in managing all aspects of the day-to-day global sanctions policy governance activities including:
− Approval & Renewal Sanctions Risk Approvals for customers with sanctions exposure
− Oversight of transactions processed under Sanctions Risk Approvals
− Updating and maintenance of key sanctions registers including blocked & frozen accounts, regulatory licences and Sanctions Risk Approval logs
− Global Sanctions oversight and management sanctions-related dispensations against policy and Management Self-Identified Issues for non-compliance with policy requirements
• Actively monitor and manage responses to Sanctions-related queries received by the Global Sanctions team. Actively manage the Global Sanctions mailbox.
• Appropriately escalate key issues including, potential breaches, Sanctions evasion attempts and exceptions reported by Regional and/or Global Line of Business Sanctions teams
• Taking responsibility for following up on any sanctions governance-related matters as directed by the Sanctions Programme Owner and/or Global Head of Sanctions
• Drive out an effective governance framework for Business As Usual compliance activities
• Stay at the forefront of key regulatory changes to ensure proactive communication with business and ensuring appropriate actions are taken locally to remain compliant with relevant changes
• Advise Regional and Line of Business teams on risk associated with prospective business, products and service and design mitigation controls and strategies as appropriate
To be successful in the role, it is likely that you will meet the following requirements:
• Professional with experience in one or more financial crime compliance roles
• Knowledge of Sanctions regulations and guidance, in particular USA and UK Sanctions regulations experience
• Experience of working within a Policy driven environment with demonstrable examples of how the job holder/applicant has previously managed governance processes and controls, preferably in the context of a financial crime control environment
• Ability to implement and manage controls and processes across multiple teams located across multiple countries
• Lateral thinker with an ability to interpret and solve complex issues
• Excellent communicator with strong inter-personal and influencing skills
For further details and application information please apply online
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited