Security Software Developer – Hedge Fund, London
- £80000 - 120000
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Oxford Knight
- 23 May 17
Summary My client is a systematic tech driven hedge fund based in the heart of London, looking for a passionate security engineer to help architect and improve their current system. Challenges this team face include developing (or integrating) solutions for code integrity, endpoint authentication, application armouring, data tagging & flow control, and sandboxing.
OO Development, Cryptographic Libraries, middleware, infrastructure, data tagging, Agile, TDD, BDD
This position involves developing & maintaining: security application back & front ends; security libraries and controls (cryptography); Integrating third party security technology; Contributing to architecture and team outreach regarding secure development lifecycle; and working closely with other developer teams to ensure security best practice.
· Exceptional programming skills in any OO – code base is predominantly in C# however.
· Experience in OO design and strong data structures and algorithms.
· PREVIOUS SECURITY EXPERINCE/ SOME SORT OF SECURITY QUALIFICATION IS PARAMOUNT
· 2:1 degree (or equivalent) from a prestigious university in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
· You will be a software engineer, who believes in engineering solutions, and recognizes in advance where engineering will pay off versus short cuts.
· Comfortable working in an Agile, TDD environment.
Why work here:
· Contribute to Open Source projects – This may be a hedge fund but they are first and foremost a technology company
· Most people with security experience are usually one man fire fighters in their current roles. At this company - you’ll be in a dedicated team of Security professionals, and allowed to be creative / work on multiple projects.
· Mentoring / lead opportunities available within a couple of years of joining for those who contribute considerably/ have the desire to do so.
· Extremely high staff retention rates. This evidences how well their developers are compensated.
· Healthcare/ Pension scheme, 5% contributed by the firm/ Onsite high spec showers and free towels/ cycle to work scheme etc etc etc…
Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you feel you are suitable for this role and/or would like to know more.