- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Aug 17
Senior Administrative Assistant
Location: London, England, United KingdomReporting into Managing Director, Global Head of Talent Acquisition and Mobility, this role will be positioned within the HR team. The role requires 1:1 PA level support to the MD - Global Head of Talent Acquisition and Mobility, as well as secretarial support to the HR team in general and ad-hoc support to other senior HR executives when visiting the region.
Candidates will ideally have administrative experience within a HR environment, coupled with an interest in Talent Acquisition and desire to develop skills and HR knowledge further. Candidates should also have outstanding organisational and communication skills, the ability to communicate with people at all levels confidently and professionally. You will be required to build relationships across the organisation, dealing with managers and employees at all levels on a regular basis where confidentiality and discretion is key.
Core PA Responsibilities
1:1 Administrative Support:
Provide comprehensive administrative assistance and diary management to MD - Global Head of Talent Acquisition and Mobility including but not limited to: travel, expenses, preparation of PowerPoint presentations, letters, agendas and meeting materials and minute taking. Acquire and maintain a good understanding of Moody's and HR business, in order to provide optimal customer service. Use initiative to relieve Managing Director of detail work, working proactively to ensure deadlines are adhered to.
Process meeting requests including setting up appointments, liaising with reception reserving conference rooms in London and New York as well as other regional offices when required, requesting security passes for guests, arranging for teleconference numbers, refreshments, handouts, WebEx etc. This often includes working closely with the CHRO Office to co-ordinate Global HR Meetings and to arrange logistics to ensure all runs seamlessly.
May be called upon to take on additional responsibilities and/or perform other tasks as assigned such as supporting MD with co-ordination of Executive search for senior hires where working on high - level assignments where confidentiality and discretion is critical.
Department Wide Support:
Provide good general administrative support for department wide activities including the timely on-boarding of new associates (including follow-up on start date) and involvement in group event planning and in group-wide initiatives as assigned such as full co-ordination of EMEA HR Monthly Meeting and Quarterly Global Talent Acquisition meetings. Assisting with the co-ordination/collation of documents for internal/external audits . Supporting 4 VP's with co-ordination of senior level or complex meeting scheduling when required.
Travel & Entertainment:
Arrange all travel for team members including air, rail, car service, hotel and conference registrations taking care to be mindful of deadlines and working to ensure that the most economical options are taken advantage of. Timely and accurate preparation and submission of T&E reports for each analyst supported ensuring that company policies are followed and that proper and organized documentation is provided including currency and VISAs
Timely and accurate preparation and submission of Accounts Payable invoices, ensuring that amounts are correct and that proper and organized documentation is provided. Ensuring monthly Expense reports are filed for archiving.
Prompt and accurate preparation of various correspondence, managing workload and adhering to deadlines
As needed, assist in coordinating efforts with Technology, Building Services and others to ensure HR Teams needs are met
Ensure that team space, basic supplies for team are kept stocked and accessible to team members and tidy, this will also include archiving
- Good experience of working in a corporate environment with a strong orientation toward teamwork
- Excellent time management and organization skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Efficient with excellent planning, implementation and follow-up skills
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to shifting priorities of a global team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with :
- ability to convey thoughts clearly and succinctly and to communicate pertinent complex information in a clear and organized manner
- ability to compose general correspondence, memos and other documents that require little or no editing
- Ability to work independently on own initiative or with minimal supervision
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- OUTLOOK: In CALENDAR, ability to create and modify appointments and recurring appointments using the planner; familiarity with features such as labels and private appointments; in E-MAIL, the ability to compose, send and forward emails as well as perform e-mail blasts and familiarity with features such as in-box management (folders), sort and search.
- WORD: ability to create and modify communications using features such as header/footers, pagination, tables, mail merges, hyperlinks, etc.
- EXCEL: ability to understand, create and format workbooks,
- POWERPOINT: ability to create and modify presentations using advanced functions such as animation and transition, inserting charts, graphs and objects and merging presentations.
- The above is a guideline of duties and not exhaustive
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.