Our client is one of the UK’s leading Asset Managers is looking to recruit a Senior Application Support Specialist to join the global support team to work on the trading applications. This teams main objective is to drive stability within the trading applications.
The Application Support team is accountable for operational stability of the Order Management Platform and other business applications. Activities are to include resolving production incidents, effective problem management to continuously reduce incidents, proactive trend analysis to predict and prevent outages, maintenance of data, configuration and workflows.
The applications that will be supported include Charles River IMS, TradeWeb, MarketAxess, ITG’s Triton EMS system and the RFQ Hub Execution system.
Our client is looking for an exceptional candidate who can demonstrate a passion for completing work with an emphasis on quality and with a vision towards maintaining a stable and supportable environment, which at times will require stepping outside of the familiar to take on a new challenge, technology, or method of working.
The successful candidate responsibilities will include:
- Operational stability of trading applications including Charles River IMS v9
- Querying the Charles River database for support and ad-hoc reporting / analysis purposes
- Delivering tactical Charles River configuration changes and establishing and maintaining FIX connections
- Preparing formal documentation, training materials, and support knowledge articles such as procedures and FAQs
- Automating routine administrative and support tasks such as data batch loads and end/start of day cycles
- Contributing to team responsibilities including but not limited to incident triage and resolution, problem management, proactive platform analysis, and coordination with central infrastructure teams
- Estimating, planning, and delivering tactical deliverables
- Participating in on-call rotation for out of hours support
- Engaging in support activities on a rota basis, including co-location with Equity or Fixed Income dealers and participating in planned night and weekend release and maintenance activities
You will need to be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in supporting the production Investment Management applications:
- Proven experience and domain knowledge in Fixed Income and/or Equity trading technology preferably gain by working in an asset management organisation
- Understanding of Fixed Income instrument types
- Demonstrable experience supporting FIX, including a solid understanding of the FIX protocol
- Knowledge of SQL and relational database concepts (Oracle experience preferred)
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of Linux system usage and a familiarity of administration matters
- Familiar with concepts of environment management, code deployment, configuration control processes
- Familiar with multi-tier application platforms
- Ability and keen desire to rapidly learn new applications, technologies, and techniques
- Experience in documenting support procedures
- Ability to operate under pressure and deliver to demanding deadlines
- Charles River IMS administration and support experience including basic configuration
Given the nature of the role you will need to be an exceptional communicator, possess drive and demonstrate your ability to build strong relationships, deal with senior stakeholders and negotiate delicate matters with passionate stakeholders who have extremely high expectations. You will need to be very articulate and structured in your work.
Please send your CV together with your current daily rate and a covering letter detailing why you believe you are appropriate for the role in strictest confidence to Maddy, email@example.com
Please note: Only apply if you have the valid work experience, are based in the UK and have a valid UK work visa. If you do not have the relevant experience we are seeking or are not currently based in the UK, we may not be able to respond to your application.