Senior Credit Analyst - Commodities
Investment Bank seeks Senior Credit Analyst to assess corporate counterparties within commodities - up to £60k
A leading investment bank based in the City of London is seeking a Senior Credit Analyst to join on a permanent basis. In a flat structured team that encourages new ideas, it is a fantastic environment for candidates to impose their own style whilst increasing internal invisibility. The role offers a high degree of exposure and autonomy.
The Senior Credit Analyst will provide analysis and manage credit risks across the bank's global markets business. You will be working closely with Origination and Structuring teams; lending expertise on all credit decisions with a commodities focus. The successful candidate will be given their own portfolio of counterparties to manager. Other responsibilities include:
- Conducting annual reviews on all counterparties within your portfolio
- Articulating credit appetite to front office to ensure
- Ensure all documentation is provided in accordance with the conditions of sanctions
- As it is a markets-driven role, you will need to conduct continuous research across industry and market risks to stay up to date
- Participation in a range of projects as they arise
Successful candidates will have experience conducting corporate credit analysis within commodities from an investment bank. Exposure to one particular commodity is not necessary but you must have an understanding of the financials surrounding physical commodities and nuances around the volatility of the products. You will need to have a firm grasp of the end-to-end credit cycle as there is a lot of interaction with the front office and the counterparties within your portfolio. Further responsibilities include:
- Good understanding of accounting principles to accurately identify risks and assess financial strength of clients
- Expertise around investment banking products that can lead to counterparty credit risks including necessary documentation
- Sound knowledge of regulatory and compliance requirements
- Ability to think laterally and identify new ideas and ways to improve processes
To find out more information about this opportunity or for a confidential discussion, please contact Luke Nelson on or call 0203 465 0115.
Hays Risk Management is the specialist team within the wider Governance, Risk and Compliance function at Hays Financial Markets, covering roles across Market, Operational, Credit, Liquidity & Stress Testing and Quantitative Risk Management. We recruit at all levels, from Associate to Director, for Investment Managers and Corporate & Investment Banks.