Senior Credit Risk Associate - Retail Credit
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan McKinley
- 01 Sep 16
My client a Global Banking group is looking for a Retail Credit Risk Candidate to carry out analysis of firms' portfolio data, drawing out conclusions, judgements and recommendations as part of Asset Quality Reviews and annual stress testing exercises.
- The job holder will be used to dealing with complex business issues and will have proven experience in shaping and recommending credit risk strategies in a technology led environment.
- The job holder will have an in depth understanding of the credit risk life cycle for all Retail products which will be evidenced by significant experience of analytic work.
- Ideally, they will have some experience of developing and/or working with the outputs of retail models and will have considerable experience of carrying out data mining projects. Specifically they will demonstrate a good understanding of the following:
- Vintage reporting, arrears emergence, application and behavioural scoring, identification of portfolio and new account effects on arrears and write offs;
- Collections & Recoveries reporting, including roll rate analysis;
- Product segmentation, for example the role holder should be familiar with differences between buy to let, sub-prime, self cert and prime residential lending, and should be able to demonstrate examples of analysis they have carried out in these areas.
- Experience of Unsecured and SME lending will be an advantage.
Key Skills Needed
- The job holder will be familiar with retail and/or SME model development and deployment.
- They will possess proven quantitative skills including the ability to understand and explain the methods of forecasting credit impairments.
- They will be familiar with the Basel III/CRD IV concepts of PD, LGD, EAD, etc. as they relate to estimating and stress testing loss rates for credit portfolios.
- The job holder must have extensive experience of writing and delivering reports and presentations about very complex issues in a way that can be easily understood by senior managers.
- The job holder will have extensive experience of solving technical and analytic problems in a decision science environment.
- The role holder should have experience in using technologies such as SAS, SQL and Excel as part of their problem solving tool kit
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.