Senior Data Scientist - Spark, Scala - Risk
- £100,000 or £650p/d
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Orbis Consultants
- 16 Jan 17
A Senior Data Scientist is needed to be a part of a brand new programme of work at a Global FinTech organisation. Working within Advanced Enterprise Risk, you'll be creating a platform based on open-source technologies, which has never before been attempted by the company.
Permanent up to £100,000 base OR Rolling 6 month Contract - £650p/d
We’re currently investing in our technology and data platform to develop a number of new revenue generating products, leveraging open source and big data technologies. These include new data integration, advanced analytics, visualisation, aggregation and smart data initiatives that address new customer needs and are highly visible and strategic within the organisation.
These initiatives are using best of breed technologies, such as Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, HDFS, Kafka, SOLR and AWS along with in-house developed technologies. The successful candidate will be working in a fast paced, dynamic team environment, building brand new commercial products which are at the heart of our business.
The candidate will work on a new Advanced Analytics and next generation data integration platform to develop innovative analytics solutions.
Duties and responsibilities
- Gain insights from the unique-to-the-market heterogeneous data through statistical/machine learning techniques
- Research new or adapt existing machine learning approaches to novel practical problems
- Devise quick and efficient algorithms for data mining and visualization
- Work with large datasets, both structured and unstructured
- Summarise and communicate the findings to the management in a clear form
Education and experience
- Professional experience
- Good knowledge of time series analysis and techniques
- Good knowledge of (Bayesian) Statistics
- Understands the main modelling techniques within Big Data
- Good knowledge of data visualisation techniques
- Good knowledge of numerical optimisation methods
- Mastery of one or more of: Python, C++, R, Java, Scala
- Minimum a MSc from a leading university
- Knowledge of Language Processing techniques
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases
- Scala programming skills