Senior Financial Crime Assurance Manager
- £60-85,000 per annum
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- BSM Associates
- 29 Sep 16
Our client, a global investment firm based in the City of London, are seeking to appoint a Senior Financial Crime Assurance Manager.
As the Senior Financial Crime Assurance Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the planning, execution, evaluation, reporting and advancement of financial crime reviews and periodic testing of key compliance controls, processes and procedures to demonstrate compliance with group and local requirements. In addition, you will be responsible to report and provide assurance that all identified compliance and risk management issues are being tracked and dealt with in an effective manner.
- Implement and maintain a sound, prudent and effective regime for the reviewing, testing, tracking and reporting of compliance, risk management, governance and regulatory issues specific to money laundering, terrorist financing, embargo & sanctions, exposure to politically exposed persons, corruption and bribery
- To assist the head of the department on all assurance activities, including the planning, coordination, execution, evaluation, drafting of and issuing of assurance review reports
- To provide input into the preparation of the annual risk based FCC assurance plans covering appropriate Lines of Business in the applicable regions
- Provide a critical, risk based insight for the design of scopes for each Review using the financial crime assurance methodology:
- Provide suggestions for topics and scope for each review. Ensure that suggestions improve the Review's risk focus.
- Read audit and regulatory recommendations and ensure tests include the current status of remediation efforts.
The successful candidate will have strong assurance, audit or regulatory inspection experience within a financial services environment within financial crime. Strong knowledge of Compliance and local laws and regulations relating to financial crime and an understanding of best practice risk management techniques and frameworks relevant to the banking industry is essential. In addition, exceptional stakeholder management and influencing skills are essential as well as having the ability to work in true partnership with all lines of businesses.
BSM Associates is an established recruitment firm focused on specialist markets across Financial Services, Industry & Commerce and Professional Services. We have a demonstrable track record of placing candidates both domestically and internationally into Compliance, Risk, Treasury, Audit and Finance. Please apply below or to discuss the position Senior Financial Crime Assurance opportunity, please contact Claire Singer on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)203 705 9359.