Senior Risk Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Matchpoint Recruitment (UK) Ltd
- 26 Sep 16
Our Client, an established International Commodity Trading Company, is currently seeking an experienced Senior Risk Manager. The position will be responsible for both Credit and Market Risk for the physical Trading Company. The key task of this role is to provide a robust Risk function, through accurate and timely monitoring, calculating, and reporting. Protecting the business and highlighting any areas of concern.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure daily market risk calculations of the trading positions and report risk exposure.
• Review counterparty contracts and transactions
• Produce accurate Risk Management reports and presentations
• Ensure compliance with the Company’s Risk Policy and recommend any required adjustments to risk limits and change of policy
• Provide input on the overall risk appetite for the Trading Company. Increase risk awareness across the business and provide guidance on risk avoidance.
• Responsible for the overall performance of the Risk team, overseeing information gathering, preparation and submission of credit presentations to the Credit Committee.
• Continuous monitoring and reporting of exposures against approved credit limits.
• Managing and reporting the company’s diverse and global portfolio of industrial and trading counterparties.
• Manage the Risk Departments day-to-day activities.
• Ensure that the Risk strategies, policies and procedures related to all aspects risk are adhered to in a timely manner.
• Credit assessment and the review of counterparty limits, for both new and existing customers
• Management of dealing limits and exposures.
• Provide timely and accurate reports to Credit Committee.
• Degree level education. Finance, Mathematics or numerate related subject preferred
• Comprehensive understanding of corporate risk management practices with an emphasis on credit, market and operational.
• Experience of market risk assessment, along with knowledge of Bulk Traded Commodity products and the related financial instruments
• Excellent presentation skills
• Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
• Strong computer skills, MS packages, with knowledge of specialised risk management tools advantageous.
• Pro-active in achieving results
• Diligent and dependable
• Able to cope within a busy and pressurised environment
• Able to build solid relationships with key contacts such as Traders, Compliance, Accounts and Finance Departments.
• Able to show initiative, and flexibility
• 5+ years Commodity Risk experience gained within a Commodity Trading House or Investment bank.
• Detailed understanding of the overall credit risk management lifecycle, understanding of substantive credit risk assessment and control methodologies.
• Expertise in an analysing financial accounts and non financial information.
• Experience of supervising
• Understanding of derivative products including futures / options and forward book structures