Senior software/web developer (team lead)
- £70,000-£100,000 base + bonus and additional benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- BSM Group
- 16 Jan 17
Leading global commodities trading firm are looking for a technical lead for a new fin-tech product they are launching in 2017.
· In charge of all technical aspects of new proprietary smallholder farm management system including:
o Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
o Make sure that the architecture is not only the right one for operations, but also for deployment and sustainment
o Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
o Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
o Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
o Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
o Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
o Develop understanding and conduct review of current system in line with customer and internal requirements
o Maintenance of website, database and mobile application.
o Development and implementation of data security protocol.
o Work closely with internal management and external stakeholders to design, code and test all future development work.
o identify and interact with stakeholders to make sure their needs are being met
o Technical troubleshooting and problem solving for key global customers.
o Work closely with potential partners to explore technical innovations and opportunities.
o Use of data to present informed recommendations and/or decisions on future development work and prioritisation.
o Creation of development/testing framework using feedback and uptake metrics (metric cohorts to be decided).
· 8-10 years experience in software development of which at least 4 years are in design and development of Business application software
· Hands on experience in collating business requirements and translating these to application design
· Deep understanding of building interfaces and leveraging of social media platforms
· Strong understanding and fluency in following; Linux (Ubuntu), PHP, Laravel . MySQL, C++, Java and .NET
· Able to work in small team but with individual drive and ability to take decisions
· Understanding of agri value chain and exposure to the agri value chain or associated industry will be a definite advantage.
· Interview and design/development practical exercise