Software Engineer - C# WPF - Credit Desktop development team
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Jan 17
See job description for details
Credit Technology is focussed on delivering best in class IT solutions to the Credit Trading business where JP Morgan is a market leader. We are a team of around 125 people with the core of our development effort based in the financial hubs of London, New York and Hong Kong where we partner closely with the quant research group and face off directly to the trading desks. Our core strength is providing technical expertise and software development skills that directly affect the ability of our business to generate revenue and remain the dominant player in the market. We are committed to hiring the brightest and best technical experts and in return can offer roles with direct trading and quant interaction on projects from electronic and algorithmic trading to grid based computation of real-time risk metrics.
We are looking to hire a software engineer to work in our Credit Desktop development team, a highly-skilled, business-aligned team of technologists responsible for the front end UIs used by the Credit Trading business globally. The team designs, builds and enhances custom built electronic trading, pricing and execution platforms, working closely with the desk and with core technology groups. Products include corporate bonds, single name and index CDS. Team members are based in EMEA and NA. We are looking for an application developer to help to build out and enhance the existing suite of Credit Desktop platforms and the next generation of bespoke trading solutions.
The role will combine all aspects of software development from design and build to deployment, working within a team of experienced technologists. It requires an expertise in creating high quality and reusable components in a service-oriented architecture that will be leveraged by a variety of teams across Credit Technology as well as for direct deliveries to the desk. The successful candidate must be comfortable working as a front-office developer in a high pressure, challenging role with a focus on solving business problems via technology in a fast changing environment: time to market is critical, but without compromising on quality or performance.
- Develop robust, performant pricing, trading and risk systems including building new applications & enriching existing applications using the most suitable technology choices. Align development with the overall Credit trading strategy.
- Work across entire software development lifecycle - requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, deployment, handover to operate teams.
- Convert and enhance complex trading workflows into intuitive user interfaces. Understand what makes a performant and desirable desktop experience.
- Enhance the team by demonstrating best practice throughout the software development lifecycle: testing, code review, accurate status reporting, focus on application resilience and "operatability".
- Global Credit Trading business and Quant Research team
- Global Production Support & Infrastructure teams
- Other Credit Technology teams; JP Morgan Athena development community
- Opportunity to work closely with a best-in-class trading business on projects that directly impact revenue
- Direct Exposure to a strategic firm-wide technology platform that spans multiple functions and asset classes
- Fast paced, dynamic environment with significant opportunities for career growth
- Strong analytical development skills, solid understanding of computer science fundamentals and experience in real-time, high performance and/or eTrading areas.
- Strong grasp of object oriented design and programming, multi-threaded programming and middleware technologies (e.g. RMDS, Informatica UM, Streambase, Tibco).
- Creative, quick-thinking, pragmatic, with an aptitude for solving problems with technology and an ability to quickly translate requirements into a sound technical design and implementation.
- WPF/.NET and web UI expertise, with a strong background in delivering enterprise level applications
- Experience with SCM tools: Spring, Maven, Git.
- Unix/Linux command line and shell scripting.
- Proven organisational skills, decisive priority management, strong teamwork ethic, excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- The ideal candidate will likely be qualified to degree level in Computer Science, Maths or related engineering discipline
- Strong technology generalist - experience building highly performant and resilient enterprise applications used within a high performance/realtime environment
- Experience working in a team with a strong software development process (build, test, deploy etc)
About JPMorgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.2 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its J.P. Morgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.