Software Engineer (Calculation Index Specialist)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Macquarie Group
- 17 Jan 17
We are looking for a Software Engineer to work with our Commodity Investor Products business in London. This is a fantastic career opportunity to join a dynamic and high performing team
About the role:
We are seeking a Software Engineer to work with the Commodity Investor Products business in London.
You will be responsible for:
- Working as part of a team designing, implementing and maintaining commodity indices
- Working directly with senior technology and finance professionals
- Developing software engineering expertise and experience
- Developing financial markets expertise
You will have:
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role
- Experience working with index products, exposure to commodity indices would be an advantage
- Strong software engineering skills; C++, ideally in a linux environment, would be an advantage; Python would be an advantage
- A passion for technology, engineering and finance
- A high level of motivation and drive with an entrepreneurial outlook
- An ability to work as part of a collaborative team
- Relevant qualifications in computer science, engineering, physical sciences, mathematics or a related discipline
- Exceptional communication and analytical skills
Macquarie Group (Macquarie) is a global provider of banking, financial advisory, investment and fund management services. Around the world, we act on behalf of a range of institutional, corporate and retail clients. Founded in 1969, Macquarie employs more than 13,400 people in 28 countries. We focus on areas of business where our particular skills and expertise deliver real benefits to clients and investors.
At Macquarie we offer you the experience and freedom to grow your career whilst making your mark within a highly successful organisation. Key to our success is the entrepreneurialism we encourage in all our people. We give you the opportunity to progress your career as quickly as you can demonstrate your ability.
Macquarie's business is structured into six operating groups and four support groups.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.