Specialist, Project Manager
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
This is a Senior Project manager role within the Global Funds Services arm of the Northern Trust Company. This role, based in London, is focused on on-boarding strategic clients with a focus primarily on IOO, Fund Accounting, Transfer Agency and Custody.
Main Responsibilities of the Role:
- Oversees all work streams and controls a high degree of risk and impact.
- Provides comprehensive and extensive project management support to stakeholders to manage the establishment of the required operating model.
- Responsible for designing and overseeing the implementation plan for the Client on- boarding.
- Works very closely with the client to transition the business onto a robust and stable platform that meets the clients’ requirements.
- Develops the project management plan, identifying and scheduling project activities, managing meetings.
- Ensures the work in the plan is completed in order to accomplish the project objectives that are defined in the project scope statement.
- Responsible for communication, leadership, and management to effectively exchange accurate and relevant information with stakeholders;
- Responsible for providing guidance and motivation to team members and project stakeholders and ensuring resources are achieving project objectives.
- Seasoned multi-disciplinary expert with extensive project management and business knowledge functional expertise.
- Focus of role is on execution of strategic client on-boarding.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- The candidate should be able to provide comprehensive and extensive project management support to stakeholders in defining and executing the programme.
- The candidate should be able to identify and understand the stakeholders’ and client’s needs, and assess the risk, assumptions and constraints.
- The candidate should also be able to articulate strategic direction to large, complex project or programme activities.
- The candidate should be confident, well presented and an agent of change.
- Prior experience implementing new processes and on boarding in the GFS arena would be an advantage.
Skills / Experience
- Experience of IOO / FA / Custody / TA processes, or a sub-set of Experience of Clients Transitions
- Multi-disciplinary expert with authoritative Project Management knowledge
- Authoritative knowledge in business specific industry and regulatory knowledge and fundamentals
- Knowledge in developing standards or best practices
- Skills in translating broad strategic intent into tactical plans and directions
- Ability to deal effectively with constant multiple competing deadline
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent leadership skills in project management that provide knowledge to the functional business units.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels (both written and verball)
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven ability to persuade and influence across all levels
- Demonstrates excellent experience in change initiatives, covering such areas as operations, IT and product development; with a track record of accomplishment in large, complex projects and change initiatives.
- A college or university degree and/or relevant work experience
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
December 31, 2016, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $124 billion in banking assets
- $6.7 trillion in assets under custody
- $8.5 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $942 billion in assets under management