Tech Insurance - Guidewire - Senior Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Aug 17
Job Title: Tech Insurance - Guidewire - Senior Manager Location: Canary Wharf Salary Level: Competitive
About the Opportunity
Are you good at seeing the big picture? Then join EY to gain experiences that will last a lifetime. We are looking for Senior Managers to join our team as we are looking for fresh ideas and innovative minds to assist with a number of projects in the IT industry.
Typically you would be working as part of an engagement team whose remit is to effect business transformation. Roles vary from engagement to engagement, but are likely to include business analysis, Solution architecture, target operating model design, vendor package selection, implementation management & project management.
In your role as a Senior Manager you will have responsibility for:
- Management of one or more client engagements, with responsibility for quality of delivery as well as engagement financials
- Developing long term trusted advisor relationships with our clients
- Taking leading role in development of EY solutions and supporting tools and methods
- Building and leading high performing teams
- Demonstrating in depth knowledge and experience in one or more market areas and technical skills
- Identifying and leading pursuit of opportunities for new business
- Leading EY practice and people development activities
As part of the Guidewire team, you will be involved in:
- Shaping and defining large transformations programme's
- Defining and ensuring the implementation of the Solution Architecture, ensuring all Architecture deliverables are delivered on time to a high quality
- Ensure that the Solution Architecture is proven and all significant technical risks are mitigated up front in Sprint Road Map
- Ensure that the delivery streams understands the solution architecture and all User Stories are delivered using the defined architecture
- Ensure that the Non Functional Requirements and Architectural principles are defined
- Support and Mentoring the technical team to excel in the completion of their assigned activities and to further develop their own capabilities
- Ensuring that all Environments are defined, built and under configuration management
- Successful track record in General Insurance or Claims gained through a top tier consultancy, a specialist financial services consultancy and/or a top tier insurer/Claims organisation
- Strong experience of large transformation programmes
- Strong understanding of the insurance value chain (from distribution, customer management, manufacturing, reinsurance through to administration - servicing, underwriting & claims management
- Track record of successful delivery on programmes for insurance companies
- Strong experience in Agile & Distributed delivery
- Experience in Insurance systems development.
- Good experience with relational SQL databases (e.g. SQL Server, DB2, Oracle)
- Excellent coding skills in XML and GOSU script and familiar with object-oriented concepts.
- Good knowledge of the software development lifecycle and object-oriented analysis and design.
- Ability to work with a team and assist them during various phases of development cycle.
- Ability to understand and respond to project and customer needs, while working under tight deadlines.
- Good appreciation of current market trends and how these are likely to impact key industry players
- Guidewire (ClaimsCenter or PolicyCenter)
- SAP Claims Management
- Accenture Claims Components
- Solution architecture (Business, Functional, Technical)
- Data architecture
- Integration architecture
- Large scale programme delivery (agile & waterfall)
Profile and Skills
- Ability to successfully deliver multiple engagements, exceed client expectations, manage commercial aspects (e.g. contracts, billing and budgets), and manage quality and risk
- Maximize team performance - accountability for ensuring a collaborative and committed way for teams to work effectively together, providing coaching and leadership, and sharing knowledge
- Proven ability to identify, develop, take to market and deliver leading edge solutions
- Ability to engage with stakeholders at a C suite level and manage large cross functional projects
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholder communities with varying levels of experience
- Identifying opportunities for and securing new business, including leading proposals and bid teams
- Acting as a career counsellor to a small team and being involved in the recruitment process as required
- High level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions and ability to work under pressure
- Intellectual strength / flexibility to rapidly understand complex problems and rationalize these into workable solutions which can then be delivered
- Appreciation of EY's solutions / go to market abilities and how these service client needs
- A first level university degree, 2:1 (or equivalent) or above
As part of the Financial Services Advisory team, you'll work with global companies combining your technical expertise, proven consulting skills and industry knowledge to help solve their most complex issues
About EY and our Vision
We have ambitious goals for 2020. Globally, we want to be #1 or #2 in professional services and be the best brand. To achieve this, our teams need to perform at the highest level, and have a relentless focus on delivering the excellent client service that will help us to continue to grow and become the market leader. In this context, your career will develop and grow.
We make sure our people succeed. The networks you build and the experiences you have with us will help define and accelerate the rest of your career. Last year in the UK, nearly 2,000 of our people were promoted or progressed within their grade, and we are significantly increasing the number of partners in the UK. So when you build something better at EY, we make sure you're rewarded.