Technical Specialist - CHAPS & SWIFT
- GBP46755 - GBP64469 per annum
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 16 Jan 17
Our vision is to make Lloyds Banking Group the best bank for customers. As the UK's largest retail and commercial bank, we have a footprint that touches nearly every community and household in the UK. That gives us a big responsibility to support the UK economy, and to put customers at the heart of everything we do. To achieve this, we also need to be the best bank for our colleagues and our communities - and we have a clear strategy in place to make this a reality. We are building on our many strengths: iconic brands, strong heritages and great people. To unlock the great potential in our business, we are becoming more efficient, more transparent, and more responsive to customers. Already the UK's largest community investor, we are giving even more back. Above all, we are putting customers first.
As the UK's largest Retail and Commercial bank, Lloyds Banking Group has a footprint that touches nearly every community and household in the UK. Its aim is to be the best bank for customers and we have a big responsibility to support the UK economy and help it prosper.
Operating within Group IT, GOFE Global Payments is responsible for all Payments software development, support and delivery. This is a rapidly changing and dynamic environment and we are currently working towards full integration with the Group's strategic Global Delivery Model (GDM), designed to increase our core capabilities across the function for our colleagues and partners.
You'll be seen as a technical expert who drives integrity and maintenance of the applications which they are responsible for within a Platform team. Additionally you'll provide technical expertise to ensure compliance and quality standards are adhered to at all times and will assist in leading the technological direction of the Platform.
Your accountabilities will include leading technical teams and engineers to undertake the day to day delivery of a comprehensive functional service and/or complex change projects and contributing to the functions operating plan in line with the Group IT strategy. Additionally you'll ensure you're your team within Platforms continually drive improvements in delivery. And you'll possess knowledge of applications, technologies and business processes within an area of expertise and will leverage quality and innovation within the Platform teams.
Further accountabilities will include:
* Acting as a design authority within own technical expertise area. Reviews and involved in the sign off of technical deliverables within the Platform
* Responsibility for the quality checking and standard of deliverables within individual area of responsibility
* Contributing to the technical capability development of the Platform.
* Identifying, clarifying and assessing complex business problems and inputs into provision of scenario solutions.
We'll need 1 or more of the following from you:
* International payments and SWIFT message formats
* TSO/ISPF IBM mainframes
* MQ Messaging
* WAS v7 onwards , WMQ v7 , Oracle 11g, UNIX AIX 7.1 and Java 1.7 and above
Ideally, you will also be familiar with CHAPS and SWIFT payment scheme rules but this is not essential. An understanding of other payment schemes such as BACS and Faster Payments would also be an advantage. Experience of working with Connect Direct would also be advantageous. .
In return we'll offer you a great package with:
* A performance related bonus
* Generous pension contribution
* 30 Days leave plus bank holidays
* A flexible cash pot to spend on benefits
* Wider corporate benefits and perks
We'd also support work/life balance friendly options such as occasional home-working and we're passionate about diversity in the workplace.
So, if you have the experience we're seeking then get in touch, we'd like to hear from you…