Technology, Equities Technology, Equity Derivatives Engineering, Analyst, London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 19 Sep 17
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our engineering team is a front office business-facing technology team responsible for the development and maintenance of systems for Equities Derivatives. The team covers trading and sales desks and handles a wide variety of listed and OTC products. The team is involved in the full project lifecycle from analysis, design, development, release and support, across a wide variety of projects including automation, efficiency, control, and new business initiatives. Key functions include management of RFQ and RFT workflows, position keeping, inventory management, trade capture and trade flows.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
This is a key front office engineering role for a highly motivated and hands-on developer. The role will involve supporting and developing production trading platforms with robust and efficient workflows by partnering with senior technologists, strategists, traders, salespeople and operations. The role will be suited to a technologist with a strong interest in the business, a keen eye for innovation and a desire to have commercial impact whilst maintaining a strong appreciation for controls, SDLC and technical hygiene.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Equities Derivatives business, products and trading, sales and operational workflows
- Form strong partnership with trading, sales, quants, and operational staff, as well as local and global technology teams
- Develop within a controlled process including design, automated testing, code reviews, and release procedures
- Work directly with users to design and implement support for business processes in the technology systems
- Be able to balance a quick turnaround on front-office requests while plan for strategic improvement for the resiliency and supportability of the production environment
- Diagnose business requests and technical issues quickly, identify creative solutions and develop and implement new functionality and bug-fixes in real-time
- Coordinate the analysis, troubleshooting and resolution of system issues
- Maintain communications between all teams and stakeholders regarding the status of ongoing projects and environment changes
- Develop and automate best practices and tools
- Work on a global software development team, effectively communicating status/design across multiple regions.
- Become proficient in Goldman Sachs' proprietary database and scripting language (SecDB and Slang)
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent object-oriented programming skills in a language such as Java, C#, C++
- Prior experience building and maintaining distributed systems and n-tier architecture
- Experience of automated testing methodologies, for example JUnit and or NUnit.
- Database and SQL skills, ideally Sybase
- Highly motivated and capable of working under pressure while staying commercial without compromising controls, development processes and long term supportability of systems
- Strong team player and strong communicator, able to take direction but also willing to contribute to discussions on design and strategy
- Have the discipline and interpersonal skills to work well in a truly global environment, complementing teams in other locatio
- Experience of scripting languages and functional programming
- Experience with building robust STP systems, RFQ and workflow automation
- Knowledge of equities markets and familiarity with derivatives products such as options, swaps or exotics
- Experience supporting technology including; RFQ, FIX, E-Commerce, Issuance and Lifecycle
- Experience in a business-facing, front office role
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.