Technology, Management and Strategy, Full Stack Lead Engineer, Associate, London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 20 Sep 17
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Manage high risk enterprise projects by leveraging best-in-class project management skills and strong functional / architectural expertise.
The Business Enablement team implements solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge solutions that form the core of our key business, enabling the firm to operate with maximum efficiently, in compliance with regulations and in new markets and products. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
The team is currently hiring lead engineers who will manage the development of software solutions alongside existing team members and colleagues in other technology and business teams.
We are responsible for delivering the largest and most complex projects which have impact across the organisation, e.g.partnering with teams across the firm to deliver solutions, driving and implementing the organisational functional and technical strategies.
The Business Enablement team consists of Project/Programme Managers, Business Analysts, Solution Architects and Engineers.
Engineers in the team work closely with business and technical colleagues globally to solve challenging technical problems. The complexity of the projects require strong analytical and collaboration skills to design and implement innovative solutions ? from enhancements to existing business functionality to greenfield system development supporting new businesses.
As a lead engineer, you will manage team members, overseeing their work and providing coaching and mentoring. You will also partner with colleagues in other technology teams to design and implement solutions to complex problems.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle for systems written with Java, SQL, RESTful web services, JMS messaging, Search and Big Data solutions
- Design, develop, test and deliver highly performant and resilient client and server-side systems in an agile, and fast-moving environment
- Form strong client relationships with business, and other technology groups
- Maintain a focus on quality, attention to detail, communication and delivery to tight timescales
- Team player, eager to work in a global organisation
- Energy, self-motivation and independence to manage multiple tasks
- Analytical mindset, creativity and commercial focus to deliver optimal solutions for the business
- Experience building and sustaining long-term relationships with clients and colleagues
- Judgment to prioritize and escalate issues in order to influence objectives and outcomes
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years commercial software development experience with Java, ideally Java 8
- Experience of an enterprise DBMS (ideally Sybase or DB2)
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of open source frameworks (Spring, Spark)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.