VMWare Architect - Virtualisation, Infrastructure Engineer
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- 13 Jan 17
Nomura are currently looking for a VMWare Architect on a contract basis to join their infrastructure team specialising in designing, implementing and supporting virtualisation projects.
Role / Principal Accountabilities:
- Provide architecture and design leadership for the virtual platform (VMWare)
- Perform implementation, maintenance, remediation, and troubleshooting services for enterprise applications using the virtual platform
- Develop standards and deployment methodologies
- Propose, design, and implement enhancements and additions to current environment
- Develop infrastructure automation standards and procedures
- Mentor fellow engineers on technical issues, standards and procedures
- Assist in managing continuous improvement of engineering, delivery, and operational practicesSkills & Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information systems, Computer Engineering
- End-to-end understanding of systems development life cycle methodology
- Demonstrates a strong understanding product lifecycles as well as how technical systems work and interact
- Strong analytical skills and a solid understanding of all critical Production Support processesKnowledge Required:
- In-depth understanding of the full VMWare suite including ESX/HA/DRS/VMotion, networking and storage VMotion
- In-Depth knowledge of VMWare tools and utilities, i.e. vRealize automation or operations manager
- Demonstrable experience of working within a highly scalable virtual systems, provision of performance tuning and optimisation
- Knowledge of complimentary virtual technologies, i.e. Hyper-V, KVM or cloud architecture beneficial
- Technical knowledge and appreciation of a wide range of UNIX/Windows/Storage/Networking technologies is desirable
- Knowledge programming languages, preferably Python, providing infrastructure automation
- Experience with automation/configuration management i.e. Jenkins, Ansible, Chef or an equivalentSuccessful Candidates will not be employed by nor have any employment relationship with Nomura.
- Please contact us if you are visiting our offices and require any form of personal assistance or physical adaptations to be provided for your appointment. A member of staff will be happy to help.
- Successful candidates will be engaged under a contract for services by Resource Solutions.