VP - Control Framework Manager (Transaction Reporting)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Charles Levick
- 21 Sep 16
City based Investment Bank are loooking for an experienced Risk and Control professional who possesses a good understanding of regulatory reporting, specifically within areas such as EMIR, Dodd Frank and MiFID. Cross product knowledge is valuable combined with strong stakeholder management skills.
- This role will bring together a number of disparate responsibilities, which sit across various teams and locations. Ultimately, this role will be to ensure consistent oversight and management of the Trade and Transaction Reporting risk and control environment. This will cover a broad range of responsibilities including but not exclusively, control and process review management, risk issue governance, issue escalation, risk framework, MI management and key gap awareness.
- The individual will be required to establish close working relationships at all levels with all support areas. These include transaction reporting BAU teams, technology, assurance, risk and control allowing for an integrated and proactive approach to the business’ requirements.
- Leadership qualities will be expected, even if there are no specific people management responsibilities, and should be displayed as an example for others to follow.
- This role will involve management of high priority remediation items and risk issues. The individual will be expected to manage the reporting and tracking of actions within timeframes expected, as well as flagging when potential blockers arise.
- As part of this role, management of the overall control environment is essential. This will involve implementing changes, utilising key SMEs, delegating responsibility and highlighting gaps across the T&TR functions.
- In addition, there will be scope for input into issue escalation, EUDA management, policy attestations, senior governance forum input and weekly control meeting management.
- A good understanding of risk and control frameworks and the associated governance
- A good understanding of regulatory reporting, specifically areas such as EMIR, Dodd Frank and MiFID.
- Previous experience of control and compliance frameworks.
- A good understanding of relevant rates/credit/equity/FX/futures markets including vanilla and structured trading businesses ideally earned in a middle office environment.
- Understand the key elements of the front to back processes including other infrastructure groups i.e. Finance, Market risk, Credit risk, Operational risk, Legal, Tax and Compliance.
- Strong IT system skills, proficient in Excel