VP - Debt Capital Markets Compliance
Top tier investment bank seeks a specialist Compliance Adviser to focus on DCM & Leveraged Finance team.
One of the most prestigious investment banks in London seeks a specialist Compliance Adviser to focus on providing regulatory advice, guidance and support to their Debt Capital Markets and Leveraged Finance divisions.
The firm has an outstanding reputation and genuinely leads the global markets in Debt Issuance in the global capital markets. Due to an internal re-organisation and increased regulatory demands, the bank would now like to bring in specialist compliance cover to this key area of the bank.
Candidates interested in this role will already have 3 years Private Side experience (as a minimum) with a detailed understanding of the Debt Capital Markets where at least 70% of your time will be spent. You will need to have a strong robust approach to Compliance and be assertive yet commercially driven in the methodology you utilise in protecting the bank's interests. This delicate balance requires detailed foresight on 'what if' scenarios and understanding of how transactions could go wrong or fall foul of the regulators in not only the UK but across EMEA and regularly with those in the USA.
* A strong academic background is expected. (Legal knowledge would be a distinct advantage)
* Excellent technical understanding of the DCM and Leveraged Finance business
* Very strong interpersonal skills - building relationships within the business that are both commercial and protective of the bank's long-term interests is essential
* Deep understanding of the UK regulatory framework with the ability to outline technical detail in a clear, simple and comprehensive manner that leaves no uncertainty of your expectations.
* Clear ability to engage with the wider legal and compliance fraternity and provide support and guidance where required.
* A willingness and flexibility to respond to questions from the business that may occasionally fall outside normal working hours