- £75,000 + comprehensive benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Sep 16
Gatehouse is a London-based investment bank specialising in Shariah-compliant products and services.
• To support the Head of Compliance in discharging their AML responsibilities;
• To ensure that the Bank remains fully in compliance with all statutory and regulatory obligations through active management of all aspects of financial crime, in addition to the development of responses to new regulatory developments;
• To demonstrate a thorough knowledge of relevant regulatory handbooks and sourcebook, international best practice and applying it to the business model of the Bank;
• To ensure that the Bank remains fully compliant in discharging its AML obligations.
• To contribute professional experience and gravitas to the management of the Bank’s anti-money laundering policies and procedures;
• To provide compliance oversight of the AML cycle from client on-boarding to monitoring and reporting and to review and assess all aspects of financial crime;
• To establish and demonstrate thorough knowledge of all relevant requirements including those of FATF, JMLSG, EU ML Directives, the sanctions regime, the Bribery Act and to translate these requirements into policies and procedures for the Bank;
• To develop subject matter expertise of all AML/financial crime requirements relevant to the Bank in the form of policies, procedures and training;
• To support the Head of Compliance in delivering the compliance objectives of the Bank including, but not limited to, review and analysis of existing and proposed laws / regulations to determine impact on the Bank;
• To provide monthly updates and explanatory materials on regulatory developments and related compliance tools including suitable training programme to ensure compliance with applicable regulations. To also develop responses to regulators and other external bodies as appropriate on new regulations to promote the development of the Bank’s businesses;
• To advise the business on proposed activities and their regulatory impact from a financial crime perspective;
• To deliver training to the employees both ad-hoc or bespoke and ongoing training to ensure that the employees remain competent;
• To undertake periodic review of customer documentation and transactions including monitoring on sanctions screening systems to provide a level of assurance that the financial crime risk to the firm is mitigated;
• To implement and manage the Data Protection framework and to keep up to date the Data Protection policies and procedures and to disseminate the new rules/regulations on Data Protection Act to staff;
• To engage with the Deal Team process from inception and ensure that all areas of Compliance are addressed and signed-off on the deal structure, counterparties, advisors, etc.;
• To document, manage and monitor the Bank’s Anti-Bribery & Corruption and Economic Trade and Sanctions procedures and controls;
• To advise the business on regulatory impacts affecting the firm.
RELATIONSHIPS (ORGANISATIONAL, EXTERNAL, ANY SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS):
• FCA and PRA;
• Legal & Audit external suppliers;
• Business / client facing departments to ensure effective and efficient compliance processes that enhance business efficiency.
• Degree and/or appropriate Professional Qualification;
• CISI Investment Advice Diploma Level 4, International Compliance Diploma (ICA), CAMS or other relevant qualification.
• Islamic Finance Qualifications (IFQ);
Banking experience in a compliance role, with experience of handling confidential information for HNW clients.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
Required skills & knowledge
• Knowledge of banking and investment principles;
• Good understanding and experience of all elements of compliance with regulatory requirements and the deployment of training, reporting and controls within an organisation;
• Knowledge of AML, Anti Bribery and Corruption and Data Protection Act;
• Knowledge of Middle Eastern banking operations;
• Good working knowledge of CRM System.
• Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build good working relationships with colleagues at all levels;
• Able to demonstrate authority where necessary;
• Self starting and able to work autonomously;
• Must be innovative, providing solutions which are appropriate for the business and fit for purpose.
To apply, please send CV via email entitled ‘VP Compliance’ to: email@example.com
** Please note the closing date for applications is 20th October 2016 **
Gatehouse Bank plc is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and employees are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.