VP Market Risk Manager - Volcker
- GBP90000 - GBP125000 per annum
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Robert Walters UK
- 14 Sep 16
An excellent senior VP Market Risk Manager vacancy has become available in London in a leading Investment Bank. This role is for a leading market risk professional to transfer into the Global Volcker programme within MRM. This will be focused on the implementation, development as well as maintenance for the Volcker Compliance programme from a market riskand statistical trading perspective.
As a VP Market Risk Manager - Volcker you will be responsible for:
- Designing and developing independent reviews of the Volcker Compliance Programme (VCP) from a statistical market risk critical standpoint.
- Engaging with FO Trade Surveillance unit to understand the Volcker desk level controls and design of the VCP
- Selecting and approving desk exemptions using your understanding of capital markets and trading and the exemptions relations to market risk.
- Scoping and classifying products within and across trader mandates
- Ensuring efficiency of limit framework implemented under VCP, for the purpose of ensuring compliance with Volcker rules
- Analysing risk mitigating hedge exemptions, as well as monitoring hedge effectiveness
- Performing reviews of desk level controls to ensure they are adequate to highlight potential non-compliance
- Documenting reviews undertaken, covering quantitative and qualitative reviews of the VCP
- Providing support for regulatory enquiries, trade surveillance queries and senior management reviews
Candidates with the following will be considered:
- A broad understanding of asset class and product knowledge of fixed income derivatives
- Experience in managing regulatory change. Preference will be shown to candidates who have detailed understanding of Volcker regulation.
- Well-versed in statistics, with solid experience in using large data sets
- Experience of working in control design and documentation for regulatory requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in market risk, derivatives trading and/or structuring
- Strong Microsoft (MS) Excel, Powerpoint, Word and Visual Basic for Application (VBA) skills
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent
This is an excellent opportunity for a Market Risk Manager to transfer into a regulatory transformation project from a business perspective. The current recruitment market is driven by regulatory roles within Market Risk so this is an opportunity to take your career in a highly commerical direction.
If you would like to find out more about this vacancy please get in contact with Harriet King via firstname.lastname@example.org or 02075098258.