CBOC Senior Control Partner
- Competitive plus Excellent Benefits
- Reading, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Sep 17
As a Senior Control Partner you'll play a leading role in our dedicated Oversight and Control function. We'll look to you to serve as an active member of our leadership team, ensuring we deliver within a framework of governance, and protecting us from operational and conduct risk.
CBOC Senior Control Partner
As a Senior Control Partner you'll play a leading role in our dedicated Oversight and Control function. We'll look to you to serve as an active member of our leadership team, ensuring we deliver within a framework of governance, and protecting us from operational and conduct risk. This is a high-profile role, where you'll be expected to make a real impact on our business - improving and creating new policies, while leading the implementation of oversight and control frameworks across the business.
As a Senior Control Partner your main responsibilities will involve:
* Strategically leading the implementation and coordination of the Corporate Banking Oversight and Control framework
* Leading design effectiveness testing, while negotiating with internal and external stakeholders to ensure operational risk adherence, audit preparation and observation remediation
* Monitoring and highlighting key trends, evaluating risks and opportunities for improvements, and communicating these to senior stakeholders where necessary
* Developing and maintaining relationships with senior leaders across the business, challenging actions and procedures to drive change
* Developing, inspiring, and leading a highly-motivated team, committed to achieving world-class performance and quality standards
As a Senior Control Partner, your skills and qualifications will include:
* An expert understanding of the financial industry, generic and operational risk, and control processes and policies
* A comprehensive knowledge of regulatory requirements and trends
* The vision to translate strategy into highly effective and protective assurance models
* Proven experience in influencing conformance, governance and policies
* The confidence to directly challenge and negotiate with senior stakeholders from across the business
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed. That's not all. We'll also offer you private healthcare, childcare savings, and employer discounts. All this, plus a unique company spirit that encourages people to achieve their best.
All we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
We will consider applications from job share applicants. At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
On the move? Download our jobs app 'Barclays Jobs'
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. Barclays recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process.