Programme Manager - Finance Systems
- GBP62100 - GBP82800 per annum
- Rugby, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 16 Jan 17
Our vision is to make Lloyds Banking Group the best bank for customers. As the UK's largest retail and commercial bank, we have a footprint that touches nearly every community and household in the UK. That gives us a big responsibility to support the UK economy, and to put customers at the heart of everything we do. To achieve this, we also need to be the best bank for our colleagues and our communities - and we have a clear strategy in place to make this a reality. We are building on our many strengths: iconic brands, strong heritages and great people. To unlock the great potential in our business, we are becoming more efficient, more transparent, and more responsive to customers. Already the UK's largest community investor, we are giving even more back. Above all, we are putting customers first.
As the UK's largest Retail and Commercial bank, Lloyds Banking Group has a footprint that touches nearly every community and household in the UK. Its aim is to be the best bank for customers and we have a big responsibility to support the UK economy and help it prosper.
As a Programme Manager you will lead, direct and control the delivery of diverse cross functional programmes. You'll be responsible for shaping and leading major change initiatives which implement business strategies. Additionally we'll see you optimise resources across programmes and projects to ensure delivery to agreed business plans within cost, quality and timescale objectives; ensuring that the benefits identified in the business case can be realised. You'll be leading a team of change professionals as a matrix project team.
Your key accountabilities will include:
* Overseeing the delivery of a new cloud based ledger including:
* Building of the ledger, subcomponents and architecture
* Decommissioning the old ledger
* Static data management
* Building the reconciliation tool to support the transition
Your other accountabilities will include promoting the change programme, identifying opportunities for improving Group IT services whilst focusing on business objectives. Additionally you'll be setting standards for data analysis tools and techniques, advising on their application, and ensuring compliance. And you'll be preparing and obtaining, approval for, and subsequently managing the financial plans and budgets.
You'll also be responsible for long term planning, objective setting, and development of new procedures across function and/or programmes, through interpretative judgement of Group IT policies and goals. And you'll be demonstrating thought leadership and fostering knowledge sharing to provide solutions for complex/ significant business or specialist issues/ problems where no precedent may exist.
We'll need the following from you:
* Proven experience of non-cloud programme managing finance ledger migrations
* Experience of Oracle and/or SAP would be beneficial
* Experience of operating in a financial Services or similar Blue Chip environment
* You may have limited programme experience but will have run sizable systems/ledgers
* You will need to have scalable stakeholder management experience and a good knowledge of cost base (quality, risk, suppliers etc)
* Good leadership qualities - someone who will take the team with them on the journey
* Innovative thinker who can conceive new ways of doing things
The culture in Group IT brings together smart, talented, people from diverse backgrounds that enjoy a collaborative and innovative environment that supports flexible and agile working. You'd be joining a leading digital organisation with the career potential you'd expect and develop a set of highly sought after transferable skills. We'll also provide a competitive overall benefits package which includes:
* A performance related bonus
* Generous pension contribution
* 30 Days leave plus bank holidays
* A flexible cash pot to spend on benefits
* Wider corporate benefits and perks
We'd also support work/life balance friendly options such as occasional home-working and we're passionate about diversity in the workplace.
So, if you have the experience we're seeking then get in touch, we'd like to hear from you…