- Irvine, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Capital Group
- 18 Jan 17
Req ID: 4122
Experience Level: Professional
Other Location(s): N/A
Come grow with us
At Capital Group, how we work is defined by shared values that include absolute integrity, respect and collaboration. But it's more than that. It's smart and highly driven people united in purpose to serve our investors and one another.
Bring your energy and unique perspective to Capital and you'll have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially. You'll be part of a team that genuinely cares about helping you succeed. You'll work alongside talented colleagues, many of whom build long careers while progressing through multiple roles, establishing lifelong friendships and making a difference in our communities. In return for your contributions, you'll receive premier compensation and benefits, and a company-funded retirement plan that ranks among the most generous.
The Digital IT Team is responsible for developing capabilities to support all digital channels for the company including several high traffic websites with online financial transactions, mobile, social media and email. The team is undergoing a major transformation that leverages the Adobe Experience Manager Suite of products to create a new platform that supports all of the digital channels as well as print publications.
As an Application Developer on the Digital IT Team based in Irvine, you will be part of a team which plays a critical role in new application development and/or improving existing applications to meet the changing needs of our business. Specific assignments may include application design and development, coding for enhancements and fixes, testing, maintenance and support for Adobe Experience Manager Suite of products and/or software integrations.
• Contribute to technical plans in determining architecture and technology choices on the AEM platform including vendor integrations
• Hands-on participation in software design and development of secure enterprise-level distributed applications, including performing advanced code review to ensure design patterns are followed and aligns with architecture standards
• Champion the various components of the Adobe Marketing Cloud including the Adobe Experience Manager
• Proactively identify and mitigate technology risks and application performance issues
• Promote and drive innovation, identify and assess emerging trends, and lead implementation of new technologies
• Bachelor's Degree preferred in a related field or equivalent
• Minimum 3 years of work experience in application development
• Knowledge of application design and integration principles, practices, systems development, and analysis
• Solid technical knowledge and hands-on development experience utilizing Java technologies with notable frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, or Struts
• Experience implementing and maintaining sites on a web content management platform (Adobe Experience Manager Suite of products preferred)
• Working knowledge of Web development using HTML and CSS, organization, layouts, and web standards
• Working knowledge of Google or Adobe Analytics
Founded in 1931, Capital Group is one of the world's largest and most trusted investment management companies and home to the American Funds. We manage more than US$1.39 trillion in assets, and our 7,500 associates make our clients their first priority every day. When we do our job right, millions of investors around the world fulfill their dreams and financial goals, from home ownership and higher education, to a comfortable retirement. Our long-term investment results and outstanding service set us apart from our competitors, while our workplace sets us apart from other employers.