- Irvine, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Capital Group
- 24 Jan 17
Req ID: 4641
Experience Level: Professional
Other Location(s): N/A
Relocation offered: No
Travel required: None
Come grow with us
At Capital Group, how we work is defined by shared values that include absolute integrity, respect and collaboration. But it's more than that. It's smart and highly driven people united in purpose to serve our investors and one another.
Bring your energy and unique perspective to Capital and you'll have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially. You'll be part of a team that genuinely cares about helping you succeed. You'll work alongside talented colleagues, many of whom build long careers while progressing through multiple roles, establishing lifelong friendships and making a difference in our communities. In return for your contributions, you'll receive premier compensation and benefits, and a company-funded retirement plan that ranks among the most generous.
The North American Distribution Publications IT Team provides technology solutions in support of Capital Group's strategy to build and maintain high quality technical solutions that maximize business value.
As an Application Developer based in Irvine, you will play a critical role in developing and supporting information management systems that integrate, aggregate, and actively manage key enterprise data which ultimately enables the creation and delivery of sales and marketing publications about Capital Group funds and services to our business users. You will collaborate a technical team made up of on-site and off-shore resources in technical design and development of the Order Management System application using existing and emerging technology platforms.
• Contribute to the design, development and implementation of the Order Management System application including integrations with other vendor solutions deployed at the fulfillment center
• Direct participation in all phases of the software development life cycle including designing, coding, testing, deploying, and providing production support of application solutions
• Participate in implementation and support efforts assigned to onshore and offshore resources
• Collaborate with partners across IT and business groups to jointly develop Business Technology Roadmap that drives application roadmap and delivers quality solutions that meet business needs
• Bachelor's Degree preferred in a related field or equivalent
• Minimum 5 years of work experience in application development
• Knowledge of application design and integration principles, practices, systems development, and analysis
• Technical expertise and hands-on development experience in object-oriented design and programming skills utilizing Java and/or C#/.NET
• Strong knowledge with Spring Framework and ORM modules ( Hibernate preferred), relational databases (Oracle preferred), and SQL
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Founded in 1931, Capital Group is one of the world's largest and most trusted investment management companies and home to the American Funds. We manage more than US$1.39 trillion in assets, and our 7,500 associates make our clients their first priority every day. When we do our job right, millions of investors around the world fulfill their dreams and financial goals, from home ownership and higher education, to a comfortable retirement. Our long-term investment results and outstanding service set us apart from our competitors, while our workplace sets us apart from other employers.