- Compensation commensurate w/ experience
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Aristotle Capital Management, LLC
- 10 Aug 17
With offices in Los Angeles, Newport Beach, Boston and New York, Aristotle is a family of employee-owned investment management firms that collectively manage equity and fixed income strategies. Aristotle attracts and retains talented investment professionals through a culture focused on research, investment management and client success.
Aristotle’s experienced corporate leadership team oversees a centralized support infrastructure to ensure that our distinct teams of investment professionals are able to focus on what they do best—adding value to client portfolios. The company’s support infrastructure includes shared services such as compliance, trading, operations, client communication, marketing and distribution.
Please visit www.aristotlecap.com for more information on our firm.
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Los Angeles, CA
We are currently seeking an Accountant to join our team. This individual should be highly motivated, proactive and a master of details who can also understand the bigger picture. Utilizing hands-on accounting experience and an understanding of accounting principles and industry-specific company practices, the Accountant will perform routine accounting activities, will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of accounting information and will assist with maintaining quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
To be successful in this role, the candidate should understand general accounting principles. The candidate should also be able to multi-task and meet a constant stream of deadlines. From time-to-time, there may be special projects with the goal of maximizing resources, streamlining processes and improving efficiency within the accounting department and our growing organization. Ideally, we are looking for someone who can contribute beyond the listed responsibilities and be a dynamic member of the team and the firm.
This position will report to an Accounting Manager.
What You Will Do:
- Responsible for vendor payments, travel and expense reimbursements, corporate credit card reconciliations and international payments
- Process accounts payable and review invoices ensuring signatory authority, approval limits, and correct coding to the proper general ledger accounts
- Ensure timely payment of all invoices in accordance with vendor terms and agreed payment batch schedules
- Reconcile monthly individual corporate credit card statements and ensure all charges have adequate supporting documentation
- Assist with the month-end and year-end closing process, including preparation of financial statement support schedules, management reports and reconciliations
- Process monthly accruals and prepaids
- Manage annual 1099 filings
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents and ensuring proper supporting schedules
- Implement and document procedures necessary to maintain and improve internal controls
- Manage time effectively, multi-task, and work under tight deadlines
- Perform general and ad hoc project support as required
What You Will Need:
- Knowledge of accounts payable processes
- Ability to grasp company financial policies and protocols
- Highly detail-oriented, organized, thorough and accurate
- Innate desire to learn and drive to succeed
- Superior analytical and strong problem-solving skills with a solution oriented mind-set
- Ability to work both independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong sense of ownership for work product
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with GAAP
- Relevant system and computer skills required, including proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to protect the organization’s value by keeping information confidential
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, with a major in accounting, finance, math, business administration or a related field
1 - 3 years of progressive general accounting and/or corporate finance experience
What We Have to Offer
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(K) matching
- Paid time off
- Wednesday lunch and quarterly breakfast
- Various Company events throughout the year
Is Aristotle Right for You?
We are looking for exceptional individuals who are intelligent, enthusiastic, and curious, someone who will fit within our culture and contribute to our expanding business. An ideal candidate would not limit their contribution to the provided job description but would help us surpass our goals by continually finding ways to improve themselves and the firm. If you would like the stability of a successful, established company and the growth opportunities of a dynamic environment, we look forward to hearing from you.
The above description identifies the essential job functions and skills needed by the person or persons assigned to this position. These job functions and skills are not intended to be a complete and exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The information contained herein is subject to change at the company's discretion.
Interested applicants must provide a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
No phone calls.
Aristotle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Aristotle will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Aristotle Capital Management, LLC, Aristotle Credit Partners, LLC, Aristotle Capital Boston, LLC, and Aristotle Atlantic Partners, LLC are affiliated organizations. Each is an independent investment adviser separately registered under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, as amended. Registration does not imply a certain level of skill or training. More information about each adviser including the investment strategies, fees and objectives can be found in their ADV Part 2, which is available upon request.