- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Capital Group
- 17 Jan 17
Req ID: 4123
Experience Level: Professional
Other Location(s): N/A
Relocation offered: Yes
Travel required: e. No Selection
Come grow with us
At Capital Group, how we work is defined by shared values that include absolute integrity, respect and collaboration. But it's more than that. It's smart and highly driven people united in purpose to serve our investors and one another.
Bring your energy and unique perspective to Capital and you'll have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially. You'll be part of a team that genuinely cares about helping you succeed. You'll work alongside talented colleagues, many of whom build long careers while progressing through multiple roles, establishing lifelong friendships and making a difference in our communities. In return for your contributions, you'll receive premier compensation and benefits, and a company-funded retirement plan that ranks among the most generous.
As an Application Developer on the Results team based in Los Angeles, CA, you will play a critical role in developing and supporting portfolio performance measurement systems. You will work as part of a team responsible for new application development, improving existing applications and integrating third-party technology to meet the changing needs of our business. You will participate in detailed technical design, data modeling and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Critical thinking, data analysis and problem solving skills are a must.
- Understand business requirements to identify and define technology solutions.
- Participation in all phases of the software development life cycle including designing, coding, testing, deploying, and providing production support of application solutions.
- Make recommendations for technical designs that align with technology standards and architectural guidelines.
- Identifying and acquiring data from a diverse array of sources, map data origin, data movement, interfaces, and analytics, with the goal of establishing the highest degree of overall data accuracy and usefulness.
- Collaborate with business users, technology partners and vendors to identify solution options and analyze pros and cons.
- Identify opportunities and make recommendations to enhance development practices and processes of the team.
- Create documentation of system designs and solution blueprints.
- Develop best effort estimates for project planning.
- Evaluate key interfaces and interdependencies of core application components and systems.
- Provide timely and effective communication regarding work status to appropriate stakeholders.
- Escalate issues and propose solutions where appropriate.
- Bachelor's Degree required in Computer Science or related field
- 4-8 years of work experience with software development
- Fundamental knowledge of application design principles, systems analysis and development
- Understanding of the software development life cycle
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to adjust communication approach & style to accommodate variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- Preference will be given to candidates with Investment Performance experience (BI-SAM, Eagle PACE, Factset, Barclay's POINT, etc)
- Integration experience using ETL technologies (SSIS, Informatica)
- Object Oriented programming (C#, Java)
- Databases (SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase)
- Web Services (RESTful, SOAP, etc.)
- Data modeling and complex SQL queries
- Experience with Crystal Reports, Tableau, SSRS, and Alteryx a plus
Founded in 1931, Capital Group is one of the world's largest and most trusted investment management companies and home to the American Funds. We manage more than US$1.39 trillion in assets, and our 7,500 associates make our clients their first priority every day. When we do our job right, millions of investors around the world fulfill their dreams and financial goals, from home ownership and higher education, to a comfortable retirement. Our long-term investment results and outstanding service set us apart from our competitors, while our workplace sets us apart from other employers.