- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Aug 17
Associate Director – Full Stack Engineer
Location: San Francisco, CA, USAMoody's Analytics (MA) is the leading risk management consulting company and combines deep industry expertise with unique enterprise risk management software and analytics. The company provides software, services and information to banks, insurance companies, non-financial corporations, and institutional investors in over 80 countries.
The ERS Data Intelligence Group creates value-added information, IP and content that are used by our clients to meet their business needs and to produce actionable data-driven intelligence. Our team consists of experts at interpreting financial information, developing data-driven analytics, and applying information and analytics to our customer's business needs.
We are currently looking for a highly successful individual to join our growing team as a full stack engineer helping us to build our next generation data platforms including APIs, data feeds, and client facing websites to help distribute our industry leading data analytics. The individual will need to be driven and willing to move quickly as we build exciting new solutions for our clients, both internal and external.
- Design, build, and test dynamic client facing website that will host our data assets with analytical and charting features
- Build and maintain scalable API while implementing best practices around security and documentation (open API / Swagger)
- Participate to design, architect, and build a new large scale cloud based data platform
- Work closely with data teams to develop highly scalable and automated cloud data processes
- Maintain high code quality and forward-thinking design
- Collaborate with cross functional teams including product managers, researchers, data scientist, business partners, and other software engineers to deliver compelling products/services
- Be involved and help build full software development life-cycle. From building to testing and deployment
- Drive adoption of new technologies to help us build better products
Enterprise Risk Solutions
- 5+ years' experience building multi tenancy, large scale web applications
- Bachelors or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other relevant field
- 2+ years' experience in Angular.js, React.JS
- Experience in designing API and documenting through Open API/Swagger
- Working knowledge building applications on top of AWS services - EC2, S3, Lambda, API Gateway, Redshift
- Experience working with relational databases - PostgreSQL, mySQL
- Strong knowledge of source control systems and best practices (Git, Merging, Branching, Pull Requests, etc.)
- Solid understanding of continuous integration, deployment and monitoring
- Comfortable in a Unix/Linux environment
- Strong grasp of software design principles
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Experience in Hadoop stack: HDFS, Spark, NoSQL
- Experience with distributed processing for both batch and real-time data-pipeline operations (e.g., Spark, Flink , Kafka, Kinesis)
- 2+ years of experience in Python
- Knowledge of credit and equity markets
- Previous UX experience
- Strong grasp of statistical concepts
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.