Director of Compliance, Financial Products
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 12 Sep 16
Zenefits is a tech company, but what we do ultimately affects people's health, not to mention their wallets. We need someone who cares about the problems and concerns of each and every one of our clients' employees. We also seek someone who is excited to innovate an archaic industry, while thoroughly enjoying quarterly hackathons, office pets, and witty banter.
We are looking for a dynamic and innovative Director of Compliance, Financial Products with exceptional communication and organizational skills to play a critical role in designing and implementing a market-leading, best-in-class compliance program, focused initially on the Zenefits Payroll solution. This is a highly visible role that will provide compliance expertise to business operations and product development. This role will report to the Senior Director of Compliance with a dotted-line report to the VP of Operations, Payroll.The ideal candidate will be a collaborative, process-oriented and practical team player with a deep financial transaction processing compliance skill set, preferably with payroll processing but experience with other high volume financial transaction platforms is also welcome. You should be undaunted by complexity and thrive on tackling the challenges inherent in a fast-paced, high-growth tech environment. You will enjoy working with business partners across multiple functions to create innovative, scalable compliance programs and systems, and you will be confident and competent interfacing with key regulators where required.
· Develop and enhance the existing program, policies, procedures and guidance for payroll and financial transactions processing to continually improve our compliance posture.
· Design controls to monitor and validate compliance with requirements. Monitor and support the resolution of compliance risks. Respond to actual or potential violations identified through auditing and report back to leadership.
· Work with legal subject matter experts and outside counsel to monitor and interpret the various laws, regulations, contractual obligations and industry best practices relating to payroll and financial transactions processing.
· Provide awareness and training to Zenefits Payroll personnel on how to interpret, understand and comply with requirements.
· Advise business leaders and product engineering on regulatory requirements and risks relating to the design, marketing and delivery of financial products and services to the company’s customers
· Maintain documentation and executive reports on the Zenefits Payroll compliance program.
A little more about you:
· Bachelors degree required. Graduate degree and certifications are a plus (CPA, CIA, CFE, JD, PMP, CCEP, MBA, Six Sigma Black Belt, etc.).
· A minimum of 5 years of operational experience preferably in payroll processing, payroll operations, tax or other similar high volume financial transactions context.
· Experienced in building or performing financial compliance audits, preferably specific to payroll.
· Track record of success in positions of increasing responsibility, including building and implementing programs and processes.
· Collaborative team player and relationship builder with excellent interpersonal skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, prioritize multiple urgent tasks, and deliver results in a fast-paced environment with extremely tight deadlines.
· Impeccable ethics.