Financial Intelligence Unit - Senior Manager (Digital)
Financial Intelligence Unit - Senior Manager (Digital)Western Union Careers: Work That Makes A Difference
At Western Union, you can build a career doing work that makes a difference! We are disrupting the cross-border money transfer industry by developing new technologies and partnerships. Watch our recruiting video to get introduced to WU, and visit westernunion.com/careers to learn more!
Western Union is changing. Yes, we're the company that moves money around the world quickly and reliably in 200 countries and territories. We are also present in over 510,000 locations bringing immense distribution convenience to our consumers. But we're on the cusp of becoming much more than that. Our vision is to be the preferred financial services provider for the underserved - billions of people and businesses with unmet financial service needs. That means aggressively pursuing digital, mobile, ATM/kiosk and stored value card strategies that meet the needs of today's global consumers and businesses. So if you're looking for a company on the move - and truly one of the most diverse work environments on the planet - then Western Union could be for you.
Right now, we are seeking a Financial Intelligence Unit - Senior Manager (Digital) , based at Western Union's office in San Francisco, California.
This position operates within the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) of the Global AML Compliance Department, with a focus on Western Union Digital platforms. This position requires an expert understanding and application of money laundering regulations, methods, schemes and trending, as well as an in-depth understanding of investigation techniques and due diligence tactics. The work performed is more complex in scope and is often highly confidential and has direct regulatory and/or legal impact. Investigations conducted by the FIU are time sensitive and must be completed within a very short amount of time.
The Senior Manager independently determines investigative approach, scope and outcome/action(s) of investigations and/or high risk issues. This position has internal and external interface with the Western Union Agents, Customers/Consumers, Western Union Sales Organization, General Counsel's Office and Corporate Security as well as law enforcement and/or regulatory agencies. Accordingly, this individual is required to possess a high degree of integrity, confidentiality, independent and sound judgment, and professionalism, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills. The Senior Manager for FIU is responsible for conducting and leading teams of FIU staff who conduct enhanced, in-depth, specialized investigations of complex Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Terrorist Financing issues.
In addition, the person will be expected to:
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the identification of cyber threat events and incident response.
- Incorporate intelligence provided partner teams to conduct both proactive and reactive operations to mitigate emerging threats to Western Union.
- Conduct reviews of cyber threat analysis activities performed by staff members to identify important trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders during cyber incident response activities and analytical staff who are charged with the analysis of threat identification information from an array of sensors and the rapid resolution of any identified threats.
- Bachelor's degree highly preferred - degree computer science, electrical engineering, information systems, or a related technical discipline and/or at least 3 years of relevant professional experience directly related to information security, cyber, or computer network defense is preferred.
- Experience in complex financial and payment services organizations with multiple products, or a regulatory agency or law firm involving payment services or compliance issues is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience interacting with senior management or regulatory agencies and the ability to work autonomously.
- Proven track record of highly complex problem solving, decision-making and prioritization abilities
- Proven effective leader and team player. Must be a strong, decisive, results-oriented manager of people and projects with the ability to provide leadership to a team of peers and in some cases senior leaders.
- Can effectively apply working knowledge of Global AML/CFT Regulations and Standards, current money laundering schemes to effectively identify and mitigate risk.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Consistently acts autonomously and utilizes independent discretion and a high degree of sound judgment in conducting timely, highly accurate and effective analysis and investigations involving a wide variety of high risk activity.
- Readily adapts to changing work priorities and can effectively handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Acts as a subject matter expert encompassing a wide-array of Western Union product knowledge and the inherent AML risks presented by each product for Global AML Compliance and other Western Union Departments.
- Possess a good understanding of several common security tools, such as a SIEM, logging and forensics tools.
- Proven ability to address advanced threats targeting large enterprises, such as APT, and be well versed the tools, tactics, and procedures used by such actors.
- Proven subject matter expertise in relevant areas, such as cyber threat incident response, intrusion analysis, incident handling, or malware analysis.
- Proven experience in initial computer evidence seizure, computer forensic analysis, and data recovery on Android, iOS and Blackberry-based mobile devices.
- Experience using EnCase or similar forensic tools is preferred.
With a 160-year history of connecting people when it matters most, Western Union continues to shape the world in which we live. WU offers one of the easiest ways for families and friends to send money and stay connected almost anywhere in the world. We take pride in being close to our consumers. Together with our Agents, we speak our consumers' languages and live in our consumers' neighborhoods. As a result, our Agents and employees are more like ambassadors. They are ambassadors of trust. Ambassadors of responsibility. And ambassadors of hope. They are the living, breathing manifestation of who we are as a company and reflect the WU behaviors: Inspired. Connected. Driven. Game-Changer. Responsible. EOE/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, veteran status, disability or other protected category.