Investment Systems Analyst
- Not Specified
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Matthews Asia
- 24 Apr 17
We are recruiting for an experienced Investment Systems Analyst to join our growing team.
TITLE: Investment Systems Analyst
LOCATION: San Francisco, California
THE COMPANY: Matthews International Capital Management, LLC (“Matthews Asia”)
Founded by G. Paul Matthews in 1991, Matthews Asia believes in the long-term growth of Asia, concentrating our investment efforts and expertise exclusively within the region. As an independent, privately owned firm, Matthews Asia is the largest dedicated Asia-only investment specialist in the United States. With offices in San Francisco, Hong Kong and London, our investment solutions are available to investors around the world.
Additional information on Matthews Asia and the Matthews Asia Funds can be found at matthewsasia.com.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Business Systems Manager
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Working closely with the Trading, Operations, and other business teams, the Business Systems Analyst will assist with administering various systems, from the front end user interface to the back end configuration. In addition, this role will provide functional and technical support for business applications, work with business users on mission critical projects to identify, analyze and translate needs into technical specifications.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Enhance and support Matthews business operational workflow.
- Maintain documentation of any custom configuration applied in the system
- Assist in system functionality testing and upgrades
- Be able to work closely with end users to proactively address data, workflow and reporting request.
- Under limited supervision, work with cross-functional teams translating business requirement into system interface specifications, logical and physical data modeling, create documentation for the request, and work with developers on prototypes.
- Assist with developing new workflows or modifying existing workflows to meet business requirements.
- Write SQL database queries to troubleshoot system and data issues
- Bachelors degree in business, computer science and/or related field required. Equivalent work experience may be substituted.
- 3-5 years of experience in asset management industry required
- Must be a U.S citizen or authorized to work in the U.S on a permanent basis
- Deep understanding of mutual fund accounting processes.
- Good understanding of any of the off the shelf Portfolio Management system like Advent Geneva, Eagle PACE and interfacing with other systems
- Good database query skills
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills required (e.g. vlookup, macros, and other functions)
- Must be able to think logically, breakdown big problems, and recommend right-sized solutions
- Systems-oriented, enjoy learning new products and tools, and be a self-motivated learner
- Strong organizational skills, team player, and be able to work independently under tight deadlines
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills