Lead Analyst, AML Comp US&Intl
Lead Analyst, AML Comp US&IntlWestern Union Careers: Work That Makes A Difference
At Western Union, you can build a career doing work that makes a difference! We are disrupting the cross-border money transfer industry by developing new technologies and partnerships. Watch our recruiting video to get introduced to WU, and visit westernunion.com/careers to learn more!
Western Union is changing. Yes, we're the company that moves money around the world quickly and reliably in 200 countries and territories. We are also present in over 510,000 locations bringing immense distribution convenience to our consumers. But we're on the cusp of becoming much more than that. Our vision is to be the preferred financial services provider for the underserved - billions of people and businesses with unmet financial service needs. That means aggressively pursuing digital, mobile, ATM/kiosk and stored value card strategies that meet the needs of today's global consumers and businesses. So if you're looking for a company on the move - and truly one of the most diverse work environments on the planet - then Western Union could be for you.
Right now, we are seeking a Lead Analyst, Global Compliance Internal Testing in San Francisco, CA or Denver, CO.
In your role, you will be responsible for leading various projects that can include and are not limited to the following: planning, scoping, and testing for various Anti-Money Laundering, Counter Terrorism and Fraud compliance related controls primary to the WU Digital business.
In addition, you will:
- Be responsible for leading and supporting a wide array of advisory Compliance Testing projects to identify and quantify actual or perceived operational and/or technical control gaps in addition to assisting process owners in associated remediation efforts primarily for the WU Digital line of business
- Bachelor degree is preferred or previous experience working in a corporate environment
- At least 2 years of previous audit or internal controls testing experience
- Must be able to perform independently and with minimal supervision and/or in a team environment when required
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to understand, interpret, and analyze data from multiple sources with the ability to report results both quantitatively and qualitatively to illustrate potential risk or control gaps
- Possess the ability to scope, plan and lead projects with little or minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, prioritization, decision making and conflict resolution skills
- Proven ability to interact and communicate control testing results, effectively, orally and in writing, with all levels of management
- Proven ability to identify and evaluate risks and internal controls, as well as communicate recommendations for internal control improvements in written and verbal form to management
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of process, risk and internal controls evaluation concepts and apply them to situations.
- Participate in the development and oversight of required action plans for compliance observations identified
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with key stakeholders
- Previous roles in medium-to-large audit or compliance departments
- Previous internal audit or compliance experience with professional certification in related disciplines, preferred
- Previous ACL data analysis experience
- CAMS, CFCS, CFE or other professional related certification preferred
With a 160-year history of connecting people when it matters most, Western Union continues to shape the world in which we live. WU offers one of the easiest ways for families and friends to send money and stay connected almost anywhere in the world. We take pride in being close to our consumers. Together with our Agents, we speak our consumers' languages and live in our consumers' neighborhoods. As a result, our Agents and employees are more like ambassadors. They are ambassadors of trust. Ambassadors of responsibility. And ambassadors of hope. They are the living, breathing manifestation of who we are as a company and reflect the WU behaviors: Inspired. Connected. Driven. Game-Changer. Responsible. EOE/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, veteran status, disability or other protected category.