IS Analyst - Technical Trainer
- San Mateo, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 19 Sep 17
IS Analyst - Technical Trainer
Franklin Templeton Investments is a leading global investment management organization due to the efforts of our greatest assets - our employees. We have over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world, servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. We believe in our corporate values of putting clients first, building relationships, achieving quality results, and working with integrity. Our people are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners.
For more than 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people. We're currently looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
Prepare, conduct, and evaluate technical training programs and projects tailored to the needs of our user community. Communicate with the various line of business on a regular basis for goals and objectives in the development of both unit and individual skillsets for increased productivity and efficiency.
Create, maintain and update materials (course outlines, background material, instructional materials, and training aids) based on current technology. Continuously enhance technical instructional delivery and presentation skills. Ensure the quality and consistency of course content throughout the customer life cycle.
Manage the training program in accordance with business needs, regulatory requirements, and quality management practices.
- Create /maintain training program / syllabus for all customers of Information Technology services
- Create / acquire/ distribute educational resources and job aids to assist users to put technology to use in advancement of the mission in their job role
- Deliver classroom and virtual training sessions for all consumers types of Information Technology Services. Create library of recorded sessions for on-demand consumption. May participate on project teams for the development of new material based on project deliverables.
- Identify, coach and report gaps or inefficiencies in current training, education and employee engagement with technology. Suggest solutions to manager and prioritize efforts to remediate.
- Monitor, assess and measure training and education adoption, utilization, attendance, comprehension, etc. and report to management. Analysis should be targeted for determining and encouraging areas of success and areas of opportunity for improvement.
- Promote and report return on attendance metrics, benefits of use and impact of technology for staff.
Infrequent travel may be required to support functions such as offsite meetings, remote offices or similar. For local events, the incumbent may need to drive to the event site.
Experience and Skills:
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service and problem-solving skills. Ability to interact with audience in all levels from Business Leadership to LOB employees. Ability to achieve desired results while working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment related to controversial and/or culturally sensitive subjects. Ability to handle confidential information with tact and poise.
- Must show initiative, self-motivation, and attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities. Ability to quickly and easily adapt to changing organizational needs
- Strong and thorough, up-to-date knowledge of current Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, desktop, laptop and mobile hardware & solutions, enterprise PC software, and importantly Office 365 and One Drive for Business.
- Knowledge of basic organization job roles/functions within a diverse organization to target training for maximization of technology for efficiency and effectiveness in job roles
- Strong listening, requirements gathering, writing, verbal and presentation communications skills at varying levels and across LOBs.
- Ability to work collegially within a dynamic environment with internal and external users.
- Ability to learn mission of all customers served by IT and craft training and educational materials to maximize our mission and technology adoption.
- Ability to streamline and standardize the use of technology for effective cross-functional and unit utilization and benefits.
- Bachelor's Degree in Organizational Development or related field. Certified Trainer preferred (Lominger and/or Everything DiSC).
- 3-5 years work experience in a training and development role. Relevant experience in a financial market, big enterprise or global organization preferred.
Highlights of our benefits include:
* Three weeks paid time off the first year
* Medical, dental and vision insurance
* 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
* Employee Stock Investment Program
* Tuition Assistance Program
* Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
* Onsite fitness center and recreation center
* Onsite cafeteria
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at www.franklintempletoncareers.com to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.