Analyst, AML Compliance
Analyst, AML ComplianceWestern Union Careers: Work That Makes A Difference
At Western Union, you can build a career doing work that makes a difference! We are disrupting the cross-border money transfer industry by developing new technologies and partnerships. Watch our recruiting video to get introduced to WU, and visit westernunion.com/careers to learn more!
Western Union is changing. Yes, we're the company that moves money around the world quickly and reliably in 200 countries and territories. We are also present in over 510,000 locations bringing immense distribution convenience to our consumers. But we're on the cusp of becoming much more than that. Our vision is to be the preferred financial services provider for the underserved - billions of people and businesses with unmet financial service needs. That means aggressively pursuing digital, mobile, ATM/kiosk and stored value card strategies that meet the needs of today's global consumers and businesses. So if you're looking for a company on the move - and truly one of the most diverse work environments on the planet - then Western Union could be for you.
Right now, we are seeking an Analyst, AML Compliance , based at Western Union's global headquarters in Englewood, Colorado.
In this role, you will operate within the Global AML Investigations team (GAI) of the Global Compliance organization. The Global AML Investigations group mitigates money laundering, terrorist financing and fraud related risks to Western Union. This highly visible area is responsible for identifying and analyzing money laundering risk related activity.
In addition, you will:
- Conduct complex analysis of alerts concerning patterns and trends associated with suspicious activity related to transactions conducted through Western Union Financial Services
- Investigate and research the alerted activity using Western Union systems, public databases and records
- Conduct case-specific outreach to consumers
- Document findings and make recommendations
- Document and escalate specific cases to Western Union business partners
- Identify emerging typologies and determine appropriate strategy using applied knowledge and a wide range of investigative techniques
- Conduct complex manipulation of data
- Train and mentor new team members
- Lead special projects and present to senior management
- Work cross-functionally with teams within GAI
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent job experience in the financial services industry is preferred
- 3+ years of experience in any of the following: Bank Secrecy Act, AML Compliance, general and/or risk based compliance is preferred
- Demonstrated strong analytical and organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to identify compliance risks and escalate when appropriate
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly-structured, deadline-driven culture
- Proficient in software applications: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access
- Demonstrated ability using comprehensive mainframe systems
- Experience making independent work-related decisions incorporating company policies and procedures
- Advanced knowledge of AML risk
- Team player with strong collaborative abilities
- Ability to work with a high level of autonomy
- Experience reporting U.S. Regulatory SARs
- Expert in conducting public database research
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills