Director, Americas - Global Privacy Program
Director, Americas - Global Privacy ProgramWestern Union Careers: Work That Makes A Difference
At Western Union, you can build a career doing work that makes a difference! We are disrupting the cross-border money transfer industry by developing new technologies and partnerships. Watch our recruiting video to get introduced to WU, and visit westernunion.com/careers to learn more!
Western Union is changing. Yes, we're the company that moves money around the world quickly and reliably in 200 countries and territories. We are also present in over 510,000 locations bringing immense distribution convenience to our consumers. But we're on the cusp of becoming much more than that. Our vision is to be the preferred financial services provider for the underserved - billions of people and businesses with unmet financial service needs. That means aggressively pursuing digital, mobile, ATM/kiosk and stored value card strategies that meet the needs of today's global consumers and businesses. So if you're looking for a company on the move - and truly one of the most diverse work environments on the planet - then Western Union could be for you.
Right now, we are seeking an experienced lawyer to serve as Director, Americas - Global Privacy Program .
In this role, you will enhance privacy practices and data protection initiatives across the company.
In addition, you will:
- Support the day-to-day privacy legal needs of the Americas region and Western Union's global digital business
- Enable and measure compliance with privacy laws related to the collection, use and disclosure of customer, client, agent and employee personal information in the Americas region and Western Union's global digital business
- Enforce Western Union's global privacy program for the Americas region and Western Union Digital Business
- Provide direction and leadership to the Sr. Privacy Analyst while managing regional privacy initiatives
- Monitor regulatory changes and manage regional and global privacy resources
- Provide leadership on enhancing and implementing a global privacy framework that works well within a matrixed organization by incorporating global level policy, standards, controls and operational procedures
- Work closely with IT, HR, Operations, and Compliance organizations to enable privacy activities and integration into their structures, processes and governance
- Develop innovative practices that comply with legal and regulatory requirements as well as serve strategic business needs
- Provide effective leadership, management and implementation support to global privacy program effectiveness, privacy risk mitigation strategies and core technical capabilities
- Educate all Western Union teams within the Americas region and Digital business on the policy framework and its components through training, awareness and communication activities
- Develop and oversee regional standard operating procedures
- Foster a culture of privacy by advocating for privacy-by-design
- Serve as a lead point of contact for Western Union Digital, a global business
- Provide guidance to business partners on requirements for data protection associated with current and future business strategies, particularly to marketing, AML, Risk, Operations and HR departments
- Research and monitor privacy laws and regulations for the Americas
- Law degree from ABA accredited law school
- Must be admitted to practice law in at least one state
- CIPP Certification strongly preferred
- 4-7 years' significant privacy-related work experience as in-house counsel or at a law firm advising on privacy laws
- Strong knowledge of privacy laws and regulations in the Americas is highly desirable, including US Federal privacy and State data breach laws; Canadian Federal and Provincial laws; and privacy laws in Mexico, and Central and South America. Knowledge of US laws including GLBA and CFPB is desirable but not required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including confident presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to manage direct reports, drive cross-functional projects and project teams
- Ability to manage complex, long-term initiatives
- Ability to influence and challenge business partners in a constructive and persuasive manner
- Ability to arrive at creative solutions
- Ability to distill privacy concepts and requirements into clear recommendations for business partners
- Willingness to relocate to Denver, Colorado
- Microsoft Office skills, particularly Word and PowerPoint are desirable
With a 160-year history of connecting people when it matters most, Western Union continues to shape the world in which we live. WU offers one of the easiest ways for families and friends to send money and stay connected almost anywhere in the world. We take pride in being close to our consumers. Together with our Agents, we speak our consumers' languages and live in our consumers' neighborhoods. As a result, our Agents and employees are more like ambassadors. They are ambassadors of trust. Ambassadors of responsibility. And ambassadors of hope. They are the living, breathing manifestation of who we are as a company and reflect the WU behaviors: Inspired. Connected. Driven. Game-Changer. Responsible. EOE/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, veteran status, disability or other protected category.