FIU Intelligence Analyst
FIU Intelligence AnalystWestern Union Careers: Work That Makes A Difference
At Western Union, you can build a career doing work that makes a difference! We are disrupting the cross-border money transfer industry by developing new technologies and partnerships. Watch our recruiting video to get introduced to WU, and visit westernunion.com/careers to learn more!
Western Union is changing. Yes, we're the company that moves money around the world quickly and reliably in 200 countries and territories. We are also present in over 510,000 locations bringing immense distribution convenience to our consumers. But we're on the cusp of becoming much more than that. Our vision is to be the preferred financial services provider for the underserved - billions of people and businesses with unmet financial service needs. That means aggressively pursuing digital, mobile, ATM/kiosk and stored value card strategies that meet the needs of today's global consumers and businesses. So if you're looking for a company on the move - and truly one of the most diverse work environments on the planet - then Western Union could be for you.
Right now, we are seeking a FIU Intelligence Analyst , based at Western Union's global headquarters in Englewood, Colorado.
This position operates within the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) of the Global AML Compliance Department. The FIU mitigates money laundering and terrorist financing risks to Western Union. This highly visible area is responsible for identifying, escalating and mitigating money laundering risk related activity. Within the FIU, the Strategic Intelligence Program is uniquely responsible for tackling the department's most complex and high risk issues. This involves synthesizing all-source information to produce nuanced analytic judgments and risk mitigation options in complex written intelligence assessments.
This position requires an understanding and application of money laundering regulations, methods, schemes and trending, as well as a basic understanding of all-source intelligence analysis techniques and analytic writing. The work performed is extremely complex in scope and is often highly confidential and has direct regulatory and/or legal impact. Intelligence analysis products authored by the FIU are used at the highest levels of the company to direct strategic, program level decision-making and develop wide scale risk mitigation controls. These intelligence projects are time sensitive and must be completed within prescribed periods of time. This position may have internal and external interface with the Western Union Agents, Customers/Consumers, Western Union Sales Organization, General Counsel's Office and Corporate Security as well as law enforcement and/or regulatory agencies
The Intelligence Analyst within the FIU's Strategic Intelligence Program serves as a member of an intelligence project team and is responsible for producing portions of the SIU's written intelligence assessments. Intelligence Analysts conduct enhanced, in-depth, specialized analysis of complex Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Terrorist Financing issues. They apply existing analytic methodologies to identify indicators of criminal and other suspicious activity. Intelligence Analysts are expected to develop over time competence across all primary strategic intelligence skill sets including data analysis, research, analytic reasoning and writing and intelligence presentation. Intelligence Analysts may also handle ad-hoc analytic requests from FIU and Compliance senior leadership for which they have demonstrated sufficient competence.
- Bachelor's degree; relevant job experience in the threat finance / financial crime / AML industry is preferred.
- Two (2) or more years of relevant experience conducting financial crime investigation or threat finance analysis in a national security, law enforcement environment or financial intelligence organization.
- Ability to draw analytic conclusions by combining multiple sources of public, commercial and proprietary information. Experience producing finished intelligence products utilizing multiple, disparate sources of information preferred.
- Ability to manipulate and analyze large transactional datasets using Excel and other statistical and data analysis tools. Education in econometrics a plus.
- Ability to accurately express and articulate varying levels of confidence in analytic judgments based on the quality, consistency and availability of source information.
- 1-2 years' experience in any of the following: Bank Secrecy Act, AML Compliance, general and/or risk based compliance, yielding a comprehensive understanding of technology and best practices in the compliance field.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Access) including the use of pivot tables.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills required, investigative experience preferred.
- Experience identifying and validating networks, trends, and patterns within large datasets.
- Detail oriented, excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task under tight deadlines.
- Excellent ability to present data analysis and investigative findings in formal and ad-hoc written and verbal formats.
- Highly self-motivated, independent and flexible in approach
- Demonstrated initiative and creative problem solving skills.
- Understanding of the Global Money Remittances Industry as it relates to anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and fraud typologies.
- Knowledge of the global laws and regulations applicable to money laundering, including the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), The USA PATRIOT Act.
- Understanding of international regulatory bodies and organizations.
- Ability to assess the level of risk cases present and prioritize accordingly.
- Utilizes independent discretion and a high degree of sound judgment in conducting timely, highly accurate and effective analysis and investigations involving a wide variety of high risk activity
- Team player with strong collaborative qualities and a positive demeanor.
- Ability to work on confidential and sensitive matters with a high degree of professionalism and discretion.
- Experience conducting research on the Internet, utilizing such tools as Lexis/Nexis, WorldCheck, Factiva etc.
- Proficiency in a foreign language is a plus.
- Ability to write SQL and VBA code to extract and manipulate data preferred.
- Experience with statistical analysis tools such as "R", Stata or SAS strongly preferred.
- CAMS, CFCS, or related professional certification preferred.
With a 160-year history of connecting people when it matters most, Western Union continues to shape the world in which we live. WU offers one of the easiest ways for families and friends to send money and stay connected almost anywhere in the world. We take pride in being close to our consumers. Together with our Agents, we speak our consumers' languages and live in our consumers' neighborhoods. As a result, our Agents and employees are more like ambassadors. They are ambassadors of trust. Ambassadors of responsibility. And ambassadors of hope. They are the living, breathing manifestation of who we are as a company and reflect the WU behaviors: Inspired. Connected. Driven. Game-Changer. Responsible. EOE/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, veteran status, disability or other protected category.