Manager, Release Management
Manager, Release ManagementWestern Union Careers: Work That Makes A Difference
At Western Union, you can build a career doing work that makes a difference! We are disrupting the cross-border money transfer industry by developing new technologies and partnerships. Watch our recruiting video to get introduced to WU, and visit westernunion.com/careers to learn more!
Western Union is changing. Yes, we're the company that moves money around the world quickly and reliably in 200 countries and territories. We are also present in over 510,000 locations bringing immense distribution convenience to our consumers. But we're on the cusp of becoming much more than that. Our vision is to be the preferred financial services provider for the underserved - billions of people and businesses with unmet financial service needs. That means aggressively pursuing digital, mobile, ATM/kiosk and stored value card strategies that meet the needs of today's global consumers and businesses. So if you're looking for a company on the move - and truly one of the most diverse work environments on the planet - then Western Union could be for you.
Right now, we are seeking a Manager, Release Management , based at Western Union's global headquarters in Englewood, Colorado.
You will contribute to the effectiveness of the Global Compliance organization by combining their knowledge of systems and procedure with an understanding of how those responsibilities integrate with the broader goals of the business unit and company. You will work on back office system-related projects while providing end-user support for the Global Compliance organization.
In addition, you will:
- Provide decision making ability for moderate to highly complex issues
- Contribute to enforcement of policies, procedures, and programs designed
to minimize potential money laundering risk within the established strategies of the Global Compliance organization
- Provide assistance to Global Compliance management in meeting the overall departmental goals and initiatives
- Manage components of end user support to include vetting and prioritizing issues along with tracking metrics, establishing lines of open communication with users and establishing appropriate procedures to ensure user needs are met in a timely manner
- Coordinate activities with other Department managers and management outside the Department as appropriate
- Provide project management experience/knowledge with ability to deliver projects and issue fixes
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
- Demonstrated experience leading IT projects (>5 years)
- Strong understanding of relational database concepts with the ability to write moderately complex queries for ad hoc analysis (>5 years)
- Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-money laundering compliance, general compliance and/or risk based compliance, yielding a comprehensive understanding of best practices in the compliance field (>5 years)
- Project management experience/knowledge (>5 years)
- Experience interfacing with cross functional and cross cultural system users and technical support teams
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical process and business owners
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, influencing, prioritization, decision making and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively, orally and in writing with all levels of management
- Team player with strong collaborative qualities and the ability to think outside of the box
- Knowledge of MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access and Visio required
- CAMS or CFE credentials a plus
- PMP Certification preferred
With a 160-year history of connecting people when it matters most, Western Union continues to shape the world in which we live. WU offers one of the easiest ways for families and friends to send money and stay connected almost anywhere in the world. We take pride in being close to our consumers. Together with our Agents, we speak our consumers' languages and live in our consumers' neighborhoods. As a result, our Agents and employees are more like ambassadors. They are ambassadors of trust. Ambassadors of responsibility. And ambassadors of hope. They are the living, breathing manifestation of who we are as a company and reflect the WU behaviors: Inspired. Connected. Driven. Game-Changer. Responsible. EOE/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, veteran status, disability or other protected category.