Sr. Manager, Operations - Business Process Management
Sr. Manager, Operations - Business Process ManagementWestern Union Careers: Work That Makes A Difference
At Western Union, you can build a career doing work that makes a difference! We are disrupting the cross-border money transfer industry by developing new technologies and partnerships. Watch our recruiting video to get introduced to WU, and visit westernunion.com/careers to learn more!
Western Union is changing. Yes, we're the company that moves money around the world quickly and reliably in 200 countries and territories. We are also present in over 510,000 locations bringing immense distribution convenience to our consumers. But we're on the cusp of becoming much more than that. Our vision is to be the preferred financial services provider for the underserved - billions of people and businesses with unmet financial service needs. That means aggressively pursuing digital, mobile, ATM/kiosk and stored value card strategies that meet the needs of today's global consumers and businesses. So if you're looking for a company on the move - and truly one of the most diverse work environments on the planet - then Western Union could be for you.
Right now, we are seeking a Senior Manager, Operations based at Western Union's global headquarters in Englewood, Colorado.
In this role, you will be responsible for creating the Business Process Management governance model within the Global Operations department. You will work closely with the Agent Certification Program Director and Global Operations Leadership to develop a center of excellence for global standards and processes that align to the overall agent experience and lifecycle. You will be responsible for executing global process initiatives, achieving key operational objectives and driving solutions to identified issues. A key component of this role is the ability to develop and maintain solid working relationships with key global stakeholders.
To be successful in this role, you must have a strong skillset in process mapping and reengineering. In this role you will collaborate with policy owners, business function leaders, technical, compliance and operations leads to manage business process and any associated changes. Experience within a global program is vital. You will focus on ensuring consistent processes are implemented for Agent data collection, identification and recertification.
In addition, you will:
- Optimize existing business processes and make workflow more efficient
- Establish Business Process Management competency teams to share process improvement best practices and spread awareness of standards and priorities
- Assess training needs and implement Business Process Management training sessions leveraging methodologies such as Lean and Six Sigma, Agile, PMI
- Drive the creation of efficient and customer-centric measurement, reporting and analysis mechanisms that ensure End-to-End Operational Performance is being met/exceeded
- Work closely with partners around the globe, including our Regional Operating Centers in Costa Rica and Lithuania
- Communicate concisely and effectively to senior management on key project updates and solution proposals
- Define standards of excellence and establish priorities for the Business Process Management function within Global Operations
- Drive/lead new projects that are designed to create global consistency of process and compliance with a focus on the Agent experience
- Create a governance structure around Agent data collection & management
- Coordinate with the program management and IT teams to enhance the Agent user experience
- Work to fully integrate agent certification requirements across the Agent Lifecycle
- Design automation of mechanical procedures to streamline processes and more effectively utilize resources
- Ensure global scalability for new processes/procedures and develop a governance process for new/changes to existing policies
- Create the End-to-End process mapping, documentation and improvement of operational processes throughout the department and company as it pertains to the Agent Lifecycle
- Work with Compliance partners to develop, draft and implement official policies
- Provide oversight and leadership to drive proper governance among internal / external stakeholders
- Responsible for End-to-End process mapping, documentation and improvement of operational processes throughout the department and company as it pertains to the Agent Lifecycle
- Bachelor's Degree and/or combined experience in retail/consumer financial services/payment services organizations with multiple financial products, or a regulatory agency or law firm involving payment services compliance issues required Regulatory, Financial Services experience preferred
- Master's Degree preferred
- Policy writing experience preferred
- Indirect management experience required
- Excellent communication skills required: influencing, diplomacy and negotiation
- Six Sigma black belt certification highly preferred
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills required
- Experience working within a global program, with ability to network and communicate with top management of various functions required
- Proven interpersonal skills to direct, coach and coordinate culturally diverse teams
- Detailed understanding of regulatory reporting requirements and experience in implementation of a KYA/KYC program or other regulatory requirements highly preferred
- 5+ years in process mapping, documentation, improvement, reengineering and implementation required
With a 160-year history of connecting people when it matters most, Western Union continues to shape the world in which we live. WU offers one of the easiest ways for families and friends to send money and stay connected almost anywhere in the world. We take pride in being close to our consumers. Together with our Agents, we speak our consumers' languages and live in our consumers' neighborhoods. As a result, our Agents and employees are more like ambassadors. They are ambassadors of trust. Ambassadors of responsibility. And ambassadors of hope. They are the living, breathing manifestation of who we are as a company and reflect the WU behaviors: Inspired. Connected. Driven. Game-Changer. Responsible. EOE/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, veteran status, disability or other protected category.