Senior Compliance Analyst
- Greenwich, CT, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Interactive Brokers
- 30 Sep 16
Senior Compliance Analyst
Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: IBKR) is an automated electronic broker and market maker in equities, options, futures, bonds and foreign exchange around the world. With over $ 12 billion in market capitalization, IBKR trades 9% of the listed equity options volume worldwide, executing, clearing, settling and accounting for over one million trades per day. The Company's brokerage operations are conducted by its Interactive Brokers subsidiaries and its proprietary market-making operations are conducted by its Timber Hill subsidiaries. IBKR employs approximatel y 1,100 people and is based in Greenwich, Connecticut. 
Interactive Brokers ("IB") is the largest U.S. broker, measured by trades, offering direct-access electronic trade execution and clearing for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IB serves more than 330 thousand customers in trading securities, commodities and foreign exchange in 23 currencies on over 100 market centers in 24 countries around the world. The firm leverages highly automated systems it builds for all aspects of its business to maintain a low cost base as the business expands. The business is in a stage of rapid growth.
Timber Hill is a market maker in equity options, futures and index products around the world. Timber Hill was founded on the principle that a computerized trading system that could process pricing and integrated risk exposure information quickly would allow the firm to profitably make markets in many different listed financial instruments simultaneously. The Company's market making is focused on capturing bid/offer spreads in the course of providing liquidity in listed financial instruments. Timber Hill has revolutionized trading in exchange-traded equity options and equity-index options and futures through the use of technology to automate and integrate trading and risk management functions.
Interactive Brokers LLC is an SEC-registered broker-dealer and a CFTC-registered futures commission merchant, as well as a member of FINRA and the NFA. Our legal and compliance department is growing and we are looking for high quality talent.
[i] Figures as of December 31 , 2015. Information on the company can be found at: www.interactivebrokers.com
The Senior Compliance Analyst position requires familiarity with SEC, FINRA, CFTC and NFA rules and regulations and appropriate experience at a regulatory agency, exchange, broker-dealer or FCM.
- Review and principal approval of advertisements, marketing materials and webinars written by IB staff and materials posted by third-party service providers on Interactive's Investors' Marketplace.
- Handling regulatory inquiries from the SEC, FINRA, CFTC, and NFA concerning securities, commodities and derivatives trading and compliance issues.
- Researching, interpreting and advising the firm regarding compliance with laws, regulations and guidance applicable to broker-dealers and futures commission merchants.
- Meeting with and responding to the FINRA and NFA regulators during audits of the firm.
- Filing of required communications for regulatory approval
- Review of daily and weekly surveillance reports.
- Drafting and implementing firm policies and written supervisory procedures.
- Developing and implementing remedial action plans in response to internal and external audit findings.
- 5 years' experience with the SEC, FINRA, CFTC, NFA, an exchange or another broker-dealer or FCM.
- Appropriately registered compliance officer (i.e., at least a Series 24 and/or Series 3 and Series 4 registration).
- Solid academic background with strong quantitative/analytical skills.
- Experience with FINRA and NFA rules concerning broker-dealer and FCM communications with the public, including the requirements for filing communications for regulatory approval would be strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in highly automated environment and/or high degree of comfort and fluency with computers and technology, and understanding of how technology is applied to business and regulatory issues.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop compliance solutions that satisfy relevant regulations while executing sound business judgment.
- Ability to work in a small-team environment and to work independently and to multi-task with minimal supervision.