Analyst, AML Compliance
Analyst, AML ComplianceWestern Union Careers: Work That Makes A Difference
At Western Union, you can build a career doing work that makes a difference! We are disrupting the cross-border money transfer industry by developing new technologies and partnerships. Watch our recruiting video to get introduced to WU, and visit westernunion.com/careers to learn more!
Western Union Business Solutions ('WUBS') is the world's leading foreign exchange and international business payments company. Through its subsidiaries and branches, WUBS operates in the Americas, Asia, Europe, Australia, the Middle East and Africa and the United Kingdom. It offers business-to-business payment and receipt solutions through an intuitive online platform that integrates directly with clients' systems and helps clients manage their currency exposure. The company currently services over 40,000 clients around the world and processes more than $40 billion payments annually to more than 1 million beneficiaries.
Right now, we are seeking an Analyst, AML Compliance , based at Western Union Business Solution's headquarters in Washington D.C.
In this role, you will review client transactions that may violate the anti-money laundering (such as the Bank Secrecy Act, in the US) and terrorist financing laws and regulations of multiple countries. You will investigate by reviewing the client's profile, past transactions and public sources of information and determine whether these matters should be closed without further investigation, reported and/or escalated within the Compliance Department for further evaluation.
In addition, you will:
- Monitor and analyze alerts concerning WUBS clients for patterns and trends associated with money laundering and any other potential risks related to Western Union Business Solutions and assess these alerts by consulting the client's profile, past transactions with the company, and public sources of information
- Report suspicious and/or unusual activity as required by anti-money laundering laws and regulations - this may include utilizing moderately complex open source research techniques
- Be responsible for concise written and/or verbal communication with external and internal partners
- Work cross-functionally with many areas within the compliance organization
- Recognize new/emerging patterns/typologies and respond with appropriate investigative techniques based on applied knowledge and a wide range of research/investigative techniques
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent job experience in the financial services industry is acceptable
- 1-2 years experience in any of the following: Bank Secrecy Act, AML Compliance, general and/or risk based compliance, or previous analytical experience is preferred
- Demonstrate strong analytical, organizational, sound judgment, and attention to detail
- Ability to manipulate moderately large sets of data
- Demonstrate ability to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to adapt positively to change
- Ability to identify risk and escalate when necessary
- Ability to work in a fast paced, highly structured, deadline driven culture
- Comfortable completing repetitive tasks for long periods of time
- Advanced skills in software applications: MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel (including the use of pivot tables) & mainframe systems
- Capable of utilizing the Internet for research and problem solving
- Experience making independent work-related decisions based on company policies and procedures
- Aptitude for continuously learning and understanding the AML risk and concerns
- Detail oriented, excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task under tight deadlines
- Ability to work with a high level of autonomy
- Team player with strong collaborative qualities and a positive demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills