Head of Risk, NBAD Americas
- Washington D.C., DC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- National Bank of Abu Dhabi
- 28 Sep 16
1.Oversight of all counterparty credit, market and operational risks that are taken in the Americas offices of NBAD. 2.Ensuring full Compliance with Regulatory and internal Risk Related rules, policies and standards as required by local and international management, law and regulation.
· Ensure compliance with Group Credit Policies and oversee the development and implementation of local risk policies
· Ensure that credit reviews prepared by lient relationship teams fully meet the required standards, are complete and have all the required supporting documentation attached.
· Provide independent risk advice and recommendations to the business on an ad-hoc basis and provide mentoring where necessary;
· Follow-Up with RMD on application progress and ensure complementary information is communicated in a timely manners should need be;
· Communicate sanction details to the Front-Office and ensure limits are input in the relevant systems;
· Monitor limits on a daily basis and take adequate action in case of excess;
· Ensure the covenants that are included in the legal documentation are tracked by the business and action taken where they are breached or close to being breached;
· Ensure that the business are aware of renewal dates and ensure relevant stakeholders meet review deadlines;
· Ensure that all monthly and quarterly credit reports are completed and submitted on time including the monthly risk committee report;
· Organise and Chair the monthly risk committee and ensure that risk appetite statements, functional risk assessments and other materials are submitted to the committee on an annual basis and that the committee charter is kept up to date at all times
· Monitor Interest Risk, Liquidity Risk and FX Positions and ensure that limits are adhered to at all limits;
· Ensure that all liquidity and market risk reports are submitted on a timely basis and that any overages are reported and promptly investigated.
· Oversee the implementation of Operational Risk Management policies
· Support the preparation and completion of functional risk assessments, ORAPS and Incident Reports
· Ensure a comprehensive and workable BCP plan is in place and tested on a regular basis.
· Maintain a comprehensive risk register
· Pro-actively support audits and respond to and implement risk related recommendations
· Support development of risk related systems Keep abreast of market developments which impact credit portfolio (risk and revenue) and highlight any concerns to local business management and regional RMD. Ensure that Early Warning Reports are submitted to the risk committee promptly by the business when required;
~~JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
University degree, plus banking experience of 10 years with 5 years in managerial positions, preferably in consumer and / or corporate banking areas. Good interpersonal skills and pleasant personality to deal effectively with customers. English languages skills. Awareness of bank’s policies and regulatory requirements, HO and RO guidelines, local market regulations, and compliance manuals.