Senior Counsel - Managed Loans - Tampa
- USD1 - USD1000000 per year
- Egypt Lake-Leto, FL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page International - US
- 24 Sep 16
The position offers an opportunity to work in a globally managed loan product legal team. The position will focus on diverse and complex loan facilities and related matters for the Corporate Banking businesses supported by ICG Legal Loans in the US, with expected expansion to cover such businesses globally.
Top Tier Financial Institution
Working closely with a senior lawyer, the sounsel will be responsible for providing coverage to Corporate Banking on a broad range of challenging transactions and other matters related to loan origination, and helping ensure that legal, regulatory, and documentary standards are maintained. Responsibilities include (i) drafting, reviewing, negotiating, analyzing, and advising bankers, Risk and other interested parties on loan-related documentation, including commitment papers, credit agreements, guaranties, pledge agreements, uncommitted lines of credit, amendments, waivers, etc.; (ii) identifying legal risks, opportunities for improvement, and instances where loan documentation fails to satisfy internal policies and other guidelines; (iii) participating in a variety of loan product related projects and initiatives affecting Corporate Banking; (iv) conducting training sessions for bankers, junior lawyers, and panel firms on loan issues; etc.
- 3+ years' experience as an associate at a top tier law firm or comparable in-house experience.
- Commercial awareness of loan origination practices, market standards, and documentation.
- Excellent analytical ability.
- Ability to spot issues, think outside the box, and devise practical and appropriate solutions that meet business objectives.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
- Skillful negotiator.
- Ability to respond real-time on fast paced, deadline driven deals.
- Proactive and anticipatory.
- Excellent work ethic.
- Very good judgment.
- Attention to detail.
- Cooperative and responsive team player.
- Expert at prioritizing, multi-tasking, and organizing.
- High level of integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Willingness to work off-hours (nights, weekends) remotely (i.e., not in the office) to respond to emails, perform reviews, etc. as needed according to deal flow/timing.
- Basic computer skills.
- J.D. from well-respected law school.
- Admission to bar in US.
Competitive salary based on experience