Healthcare Analytics Data Consultant
- Jacksonville, FL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Florida Blue
- 15 Aug 17
Employer Analytics: Employer analytics focuses on providing effective analytics to Florida Blue's group business. It is comprised of a team of analysts and consultants who work closely with our Florida Blue sales team in promoting the clinical and financial value Florida Blue provides to employers.
The Health Data Consultant conducts analysis on assigned client accounts and internal initiatives related to account performance, growth, retention and trends. Responsibilities will include building strong relationships with clients, developing custom evaluations of accounts integrating data from many sources, ensuring understanding and correct application of analysis and delivering presentations used to guide high-value decisions.
Essential Job Functions
* Provides input on cross-functional teams to gather and integrate evaluations of customers' environments, performance evaluations, performance problems and potential alternatives in support of growth and retention.
* Validates, analyzes, and interprets information from highly technical areas (e.g. medical informatics, service delivery and finance) to make effective cost and process decision resulting in increased satisfaction and retention.
* Leverage problem solving skills and frameworks to develop solutions to client business problems
* Conducts analysis and provides input to customized evaluations, which include the identification, interpretation and communication of overall account performance against known benchmarks (including new information from Intellimedix and Care Management Sources) and account specific expectations.
* Designs custom analyses using tools like Excel, Tableau, SAS, R, or ZS' proprietary software
* Supports internal stakeholders in providing enhanced analytics and decision support.
* Supports external stakeholders in development and implementation of analytic solutions.
* Supports and Delivers external / internal presentations that demonstrate the value of products.
* Integrate qualitative and quantitative information to create insight into client issues.
* Ensures messaging and market position are appropriately communicated and understood by the market.
* Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience using analytical data in order to provide consulting support.
* 4+ years of experience providing consulting support or analytic communication or equivalent combination of transferrable experience and education. Master's degree in an analytical/ mathematical/ statistical focus area can be substituted for 2 years' experience
* Experience validating, manipulating, analyzing, and interpreting information from highly technical areas (e.g. medical informatics, service delivery and finance) to make effective cost and process decisions resulting in increased satisfaction and retention.
* Experience working with cross functional teams within and outside an organization
* High motivation, good work ethic, maturity and personal initiative;
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Experience with web-based reporting tools (MBI), analytic software packages (Tableau) and programming languages (SAS/SQL).
* Advanced Excel skills (ability to create and use pivot tables, macros and formulas)
* Experience working with large organizations.
* Healthcare or Health Insurance experience
* Experience with Sales and Renewal Process