BSA/AML Risk Assessment Analyst
BSA/AML Risk Assessment AnalystWestern Union Careers: Work That Makes A Difference
At Western Union, you can build a career doing work that makes a difference! We are disrupting the cross-border money transfer industry by developing new technologies and partnerships. Watch our recruiting video to get introduced to WU, and visit westernunion.com/careers to learn more!
Western Union is changing. Yes, we're the company that moves money around the world quickly and reliably in 200 countries and territories. We are also present in over 510,000 locations bringing immense distribution convenience to our consumers. But we're on the cusp of becoming much more than that. Our vision is to be the preferred financial services provider for the underserved - billions of people and businesses with unmet financial service needs. That means aggressively pursuing digital, mobile, ATM/kiosk and stored value card strategies that meet the needs of today's global consumers and businesses. So if you're looking for a company on the move - and truly one of the most diverse work environments on the planet - then Western Union could be for you.
Right now, we are seeking a BSA/AML (Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering) Risk Assessment Analyst based out of Miami, Florida in our Hallandale Beach office.
Risk Assessment is a key pillar in Western Union's AML compliance program addressing global BSA/AML regulations. BSA/AML risk assessments are essential to assist management in understanding the institution's money laundering (ML) and terrorist financing (TF) risks. The results of risk assessments provide the foundation upon which management will: (a) make informed decisions regarding risk issues, (b) allocate resources efficiently to address priority risk issues, (c) implement proportionate measures and controls to mitigate and manage residual risks, and (D) inform testing, audit and training analysis and plans.
The Risk Assessment Analyst will support the BSA/AML risk assessment process including analysis, reporting, and presentation of results. In this role, you will operate within the AEU Compliance Shared Services Center, which has responsibility for overseeing the implementation of the standards and policies, assessing the internal controls, evaluating product risk reviews, and risk assessments. The successful candidate will coordinate information gathering, conduct analysis and write reports for the BSA/AML Risk Assessments across all legal entities within the AEU Region.
In addition, you will:
- Support the development and execution of the methodology to identify and assess risks in the AML program in the AEU;
- Contribute to the analysis and writing of final risk assessment reports and summaries to communicate recommended or indicated compliance actions;
- Contribute to reports analyzing and communicating the results of risk assessments across the region to include the business, audit and other control functions;
- Develop and gather metrics and track progress on programs;
- Coordinate with the global offices on risk assessment requirements and information gathering;
- Collaborate with colleagues in other offices as necessary to advance the risk assessment program;
- Maintain files and analysis for various reports; and
- Document outcomes and key next steps as a result of risk assessment findings.
- BA required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in substantive AML compliance such as an AML risk assessment or research senior role in a financial institution, and/or as an AML regulator, and/or as an AML consultant.
- Understanding of money laundering risks.
- Experience reviewing and analyzing compliance guidance and enforcement matters issued by regulatory agencies to identify potential weaknesses and gaps in Western Union's program, and recommend action.
- Detail oriented, excellent organizational and operational skills, ability to identify key issues and multi-task under tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong skills in Microsoft word and excel.
- Team player with strong collaborative qualities and a positive demeanor.